Printing includes Link-adress - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Printing includes Link-adress - Mozilla ; Hello, since this or the last update (actual I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.9; de; on WinXP Pro SP2 de) Firefox prints on every link the destination (like "(link to )" (in German: " ") (even in the print preview). This occurs ...

  1. Printing includes Link-adress

    Hello,

    since this or the last update (actual I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.9; de; on
    WinXP Pro SP2 de) Firefox prints on every link the destination (like "(link
    to )" (in German: "") (even in the print preview).

    This occurs on several PCs/installations (mainly one of them without any
    additional addon, others with several ones)

    Where can I disable this unwanted, new feature?

    Greetings,
    Chris

  2. Re: Printing includes Link-adress

    On 22.11.2007 11:38, Chris Kaschig wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > since this or the last update (actual I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.9; de; on
    > WinXP Pro SP2 de) Firefox prints on every link the destination (like "(link
    > to )" (in German: "") (even in the print preview).
    >
    > This occurs on several PCs/installations (mainly one of them without any
    > additional addon, others with several ones)
    >
    > Where can I disable this unwanted, new feature?

    Hardly a "new" feature?

    File / Page setup / Margins & header/footer

    Here you can set what is printed at the top and bottom of the page.
    --
    Arne

  3. Re: Printing includes Link-adress

    Arne Hamre wrote:

    > On 22.11.2007 11:38, Chris Kaschig wrote:
    >>
    >> since this or the last update (actual I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.9; de; on
    >> WinXP Pro SP2 de) Firefox prints on every link the destination (like "(link
    >> to )" (in German: "") (even in the print preview).
    >>
    >> This occurs on several PCs/installations (mainly one of them without any
    >> additional addon, others with several ones)
    >>
    >> Where can I disable this unwanted, new feature?

    > Hardly a "new" feature?
    >
    > File / Page setup / Margins & header/footer
    >
    > Here you can set what is printed at the top and bottom of the page.

    As a possibly-interesting aside, no matter what I set the header/footer
    settings to, they don't get printed. Never have, going back to NS .9.
    Another linux anomaly?

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
    our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
    --Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

  4. Re: Printing includes Link-adress

    Hello,

    Arne Hamre schrieb:
    > On 22.11.2007 11:38, Chris Kaschig wrote:
    >> since this or the last update (actual I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.9; de; on
    >> WinXP Pro SP2 de) Firefox prints on every link the destination (like
    >> "(link
    >> to )" (in German: "") (even in the print preview).

    [...]
    > Hardly a "new" feature?
    >
    > File / Page setup / Margins & header/footer

    Not really ;-)

    > Here you can set what is printed at the top and bottom of the page.

    Thanks For Your advice. But I've been looking for some other print-'feature'
    :-) I don't meen any header/footer-lines, but the 'feature' of printing on
    *every* -Link on that page some additional infos: a printout of the
    destination-URL of that link.

    And by now, I remember that printing out the header/footer lines (as set by
    the mentioned parameters) doesn't work any more: no header/footer-line is
    printed :-(

    Greetings,
    Chris

  5. Re: Printing includes Link-adress

    "Chris Kaschig" ...
    > Arne Hamre schrieb:
    >> File / Page setup / Margins & header/footer

    > Thanks For Your advice. But I've been looking for some other print-'feature'
    > :-) I don't meen any header/footer-lines, but the 'feature' of printing on
    > *every*
    -Link on that page some additional infos: a printout of the
    > destination-URL of that link.
    >
    > And by now, I remember that printing out the header/footer lines (as set by
    > the mentioned parameters) doesn't work any more: no header/footer-line is
    > printed :-(

    Hi Chris,
    Page setup margins has worked for me, anyway if I understand your new/changed question
    it is that you want to save or print a page that has been modified with an extension
    or with a bookmarklet, is that correct?

    An example of what I mean is that this shows bookmarklet changes
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/bo...s_expanded.htm
    from the original (but as it actually existed 3 years ago) at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/bookmarklets.htm

    If so an example would be to modify a page with the "Web Developer" extension
    to show actual link beside each link on the page (tools, w.d., information, display anchors)
    or if you want to see the resolved link (complete link) use my "HREF Display" bookmarklet
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/bookmarklets.htm or included on my firefox.htm page.
    Either way you will see the links, then use the "Generated Source" bookmarklet found at
    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/webdevel.html to get the new source and
    save as an html file then print. You might need a base statement in your HTML headers
    to actually have working links and stylesheet (?).

    Or if you want to print just a list of all the links on the page then there are probably
    lots of utilities to do that.
    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,