[Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password - Mozilla

This is a discussion on [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password - Mozilla ; Hello There's a site I read often, and for some reason, FireFox doesn't remember the login/password combo. I don't know if it means anything, but I moved to a new PC, and copy/pasted the whole /profile directory. Is there a ...

  1. [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password

    Hello

    There's a site I read often, and for some reason, FireFox doesn't
    remember the login/password combo. I don't know if it means anything,
    but I moved to a new PC, and copy/pasted the whole /profile directory.

    Is there a way to tell FireFox to prompt me for the "Remember login"
    screen again for this site so I don't have to type the login/password
    every time?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password

    On 16.10.2007 12:39 UK Time, Gilles Ganault wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > There's a site I read often, and for some reason, FireFox doesn't
    > remember the login/password combo. I don't know if it means anything,
    > but I moved to a new PC, and copy/pasted the whole /profile directory.
    >
    > Is there a way to tell FireFox to prompt me for the "Remember login"
    > screen again for this site so I don't have to type the login/password
    > every time?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Perhaps the "remember passwords" bookmarklet at
    helps.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password

    Go in Options and Security and click on Show Passwords and check if it is
    already there. Try deleting every passwords that belongs to that site and
    check if Remember passwords for sites is checked. And check the Exceptions
    too.

  4. Re: [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:56:12 -0000, "Sigmundur Ţórir Jónsson"
    wrote:
    >Go in Options and Security and click on Show Passwords and check if it is
    >already there. Try deleting every passwords that belongs to that site and
    >check if Remember passwords for sites is checked. And check the Exceptions
    >too.

    I checked this feature before posting, but there's nothing at all
    under Show Passwords :-/

  5. Re: [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:25:16 +0100, Herb wrote:
    >Perhaps the "remember passwords" bookmarklet at
    > helps.

    Thanks, but no luck. Even after clicking on the button and restarting
    FFox, the login/password for the site is empty and I'm not prompted to
    save the information.

    I'll see if I can uninstall FFox, reinstall from scratch, and just
    copy the bookmarks from the older PC.

  6. Re: [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password

    On 10/16/2007 4:39 AM, Gilles Ganault wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > There's a site I read often, and for some reason, FireFox doesn't
    > remember the login/password combo. I don't know if it means anything,
    > but I moved to a new PC, and copy/pasted the whole /profile directory.
    >
    > Is there a way to tell FireFox to prompt me for the "Remember login"
    > screen again for this site so I don't have to type the login/password
    > every time?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Pasting "the whole profile directory" won't work, so you are probably
    using a new profile on the new PC!

    If you are on windows, try starting FF in the profile manager:
    Start>>Run firefox.exe -p to see what profile it is using.

    --
    Irwin

  7. Re: [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:28:13 -0700, Irwin Greenwald
    wrote:
    >Pasting "the whole profile directory" won't work, so you are probably
    >using a new profile on the new PC!

    Thanks for the tip. I ended up reinstalling FF and just copy/pasting
    the bookmarks. Solved the problem.

  8. Re: [Win 2.0.0.7] FFox doesn't remember login/password

    On 10/16/2007 5:39 PM, Gilles Ganault wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:28:13 -0700, Irwin Greenwald
    > wrote:
    >> Pasting "the whole profile directory" won't work, so you are probably
    >> using a new profile on the new PC!

    > Thanks for the tip. I ended up reinstalling FF and just copy/pasting
    > the bookmarks. Solved the problem.

    Glad you're back in business!

    --
    Irwin