Casual Poll: What is YOUR favourite RSS reader extension in Firefox. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Casual Poll: What is YOUR favourite RSS reader extension in Firefox. - Mozilla ; After MUCH wrestling with IE7, I've pretty well determined that I want to give Firefox MUCH more time and credit. IE7 regularly hangs on me and stops my system from responding when I'm surfing using IE7. It also steals focus ...

  1. Casual Poll: What is YOUR favourite RSS reader extension in Firefox.

    After MUCH wrestling with IE7, I've pretty well determined that I want to
    give Firefox MUCH more time and credit. IE7 regularly hangs on me and stops
    my system from responding when I'm surfing using IE7. It also steals focus
    despite my having told Windoze not to allow applications to do that! If I'm
    is VERY frustrating to be interrupted in your work that way.

    HOWEVER, I have a number of RSS streams I monitor and they're all being
    monitored in IE7. What, in your opinion, is the best RSS reader extension or
    add in to Firefox.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Casual Poll: What is YOUR favourite RSS reader extension in Firefox.

    Steve Zygote wrote:

    > After MUCH wrestling with IE7, I've pretty well determined that I want to
    > give Firefox MUCH more time and credit. IE7 regularly hangs on me and
    > stops my system from responding when I'm surfing using IE7. It also steals
    > focus despite my having told Windoze not to allow applications to do that!
    > If I'm loading a URL in IE7 while it loads it INSISTS on having window
    > focus, which is VERY frustrating to be interrupted in your work that way.
    >
    > HOWEVER, I have a number of RSS streams I monitor and they're all being
    > monitored in IE7. What, in your opinion, is the best RSS reader extension
    > or add in to Firefox.

    I've used Sage for a long time and it works well. It's simple to use and not
    a complicated GUI like some I've used. Some people say that its simplicity
    means that functionality is sacrificed. That _may_ be true, but for me it
    gives me most of what I need for an RSS reader without all the clutter.

    Rob.

+ Reply to Thread