No where to change Homepage. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on No where to change Homepage. - Mozilla ; Since my last rebuild of hard drive I have downloaded FF 2.0.0.7 three times now. I have uninstalled all areas I know of i.e. Control Panel, All Programs, and Program Files. I am unable to get anywhere I know of ...

  1. No where to change Homepage.

    Since my last rebuild of hard drive I have downloaded FF 2.0.0.7 three times
    now.

    I have uninstalled all areas I know of i.e. Control Panel, All Programs,
    and Program Files.

    I am unable to get anywhere I know of to change the Homepage from Google.I
    have tried the normal location, but it is just not there ! No location
    entry box !! Zip , None, Nein, Nada.

    1. Click on 'Tools' in the main toolbar
    2. Choose 'Options' in the dropdown menu
    3. Select the 'General' category
    4. Type or paste http://www."blah blah blah" into the Location entry box
    under the Homepage heading
    5. Click 'OK' and "Blah Blah Blah" will be your homepage

    (6. Sorry not with this one !!!!!!)

    Could anyone point me to a fix please.

    Steve.

  2. Re: No where to change Homepage.

    f8at250 wrote:
    > Since my last rebuild of hard drive I have downloaded FF 2.0.0.7 three times
    > now.
    >
    > I have uninstalled all areas I know of i.e. Control Panel, All Programs,
    > and Program Files.
    >
    > I am unable to get anywhere I know of to change the Homepage from Google.I
    > have tried the normal location, but it is just not there ! No location
    > entry box !! Zip , None, Nein, Nada.
    >
    > 1. Click on 'Tools' in the main toolbar
    > 2. Choose 'Options' in the dropdown menu
    > 3. Select the 'General' category
    > 4. Type or paste http://www."blah blah blah" into the Location entry box
    > under the Homepage heading
    > 5. Click 'OK' and "Blah Blah Blah" will be your homepage
    >
    > (6. Sorry not with this one !!!!!!)
    >
    > Could anyone point me to a fix please.
    >
    > Steve.

    Try;
    EDIT
    Preferences
    Main
    Should be right there.
    caver1

  3. Re: No where to change Homepage.

    f8at250 wrote:
    > Since my last rebuild of hard drive I have downloaded FF 2.0.0.7 three times
    > now.
    >
    > I have uninstalled all areas I know of i.e. Control Panel, All Programs,
    > and Program Files.
    >
    > I am unable to get anywhere I know of to change the Homepage from Google.I
    > have tried the normal location, but it is just not there ! No location
    > entry box !! Zip , None, Nein, Nada.
    >
    > 1. Click on 'Tools' in the main toolbar
    > 2. Choose 'Options' in the dropdown menu
    > 3. Select the 'General' category

    For Fx2: 3. select the "Main" tab instead.

    > 4. Type or paste http://www."blah blah blah" into the Location entry box
    > under the Homepage heading
    > 5. Click 'OK' and "Blah Blah Blah" will be your homepage
    >
    > (6. Sorry not with this one !!!!!!)
    >
    > Could anyone point me to a fix please.
    >
    > Steve.

    Blah blah blah _will_ be your homepage, and it will appear when you click the
    Home button. Whether it also appears at startup depends on the setting just
    above that input box:

    When Firefox starts: [ Show my home page |v]
    | Show a blank page |
    | Show my windows and tabs from last time |

    Oh, and by the way, if your homepage URL includes spaces (as in
    "http://www.blah blah blah"), each of them must be replaced by %20 (as in
    http://www.blah%20blah%20blah/ ).

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.

  4. Re: No where to change Homepage.

    caver1 wrote:
    > f8at250 wrote:
    >> Since my last rebuild of hard drive I have downloaded FF 2.0.0.7 three
    >> times now.
    >>
    >> I have uninstalled all areas I know of i.e. Control Panel, All
    >> Programs, and Program Files.
    >>
    >> I am unable to get anywhere I know of to change the Homepage from
    >> Google.I have tried the normal location, but it is just not there !
    >> No location entry box !! Zip , None, Nein, Nada.
    >>
    >> 1. Click on 'Tools' in the main toolbar
    >> 2. Choose 'Options' in the dropdown menu
    >> 3. Select the 'General' category
    >> 4. Type or paste http://www."blah blah blah" into the Location entry
    >> box under the Homepage heading
    >> 5. Click 'OK' and "Blah Blah Blah" will be your homepage
    >>
    >> (6. Sorry not with this one !!!!!!)
    >>
    >> Could anyone point me to a fix please.
    >>
    >> Steve.
    >>

    > Try;
    > EDIT
    > Preferences
    > Main
    > Should be right there.
    > caver1

    Only on Unix/Linux.

    Since the OP is on Windows, the Preferences are under Tools => Options.

    If he were on the Mac, they would be under Firefox => Preferences.

    On all three platforms, the Homepage settings are at the top of the Main tab.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    A nymph hits you and steals your virginity.

  5. Re: No where to change Homepage.

    "f8at250" ...
    > Since my last rebuild of hard drive I have downloaded FF 2.0.0.7 three times
    > now.
    >
    > I am unable to get anywhere I know of to change the Homepage from Google.I
    > have tried the normal location, but it is just not there ! No location
    > entry box !! Zip , None, Nein, Nada.
    >
    > 1. Click on 'Tools' in the main toolbar
    > 2. Choose 'Options' in the dropdown menu
    > 3. Select the 'General' category
    > 4. Type or paste http://www."blah blah blah" into the Location entry box
    > under the Homepage heading
    > 5. Click 'OK' and "Blah Blah Blah" will be your homepage
    >
    > (6. Sorry not with this one !!!!!!)

    Another possibility - if you have an IBM / Lenovo Mobile Laptop
    with ThinkVantage Access Connections (Bundled Laptop Software)
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40mozilla.org

    or the other answer in the same thread
    Type "about:config" (w/o quotes) on the Firefox location bar
    then in the filter type startup (or homepage)

    You should see your home page there. Then check that the
    value of browser.startup.page is set to 1 (default)
    if not double click or right click on the item and change
    value to 1

    and as to what the values mean see http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries
    and I would suggest remembering that by creating a keyword shortcut of "aboutconfig:"
    for that page, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/kws.htm
    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  6. Re: No where to change Homepage.

    also you should see your homepage in browser.startup.homepage
    when you use about:config and filter on homepage

    You indicated Firefox 2.0.0.7 but haven't indicated what operating system,
    I'm only familiar with Windows.

+ Reply to Thread