reload - Mozilla

This is a discussion on reload - Mozilla ; I'm using 2.0.0.7. I have a web site which I update from time to time. If I visit my site and then upload changes to it and go back to it, the changes do not appear. I assume that that ...

  1. reload

    I'm using 2.0.0.7. I have a web site which I update from time to time. If
    I visit my site and then upload changes to it and go back to it, the changes
    do not appear. I assume that that is because it is reading the page from
    its cache. Help tells me that clicking Reload will cause the page to be
    reloaded in its current form but it doesn't. Reloading Firefox from scratch
    doesn't either, I seem to have to re-boot. Presumably this may mean that
    during other surfing I am not getting the current pages. Can any one
    suggest a workaround please?

    --
    Richard Woollacott

  2. Re: reload

    On 11-10-2007 12:53 CET, Richard composed this enchanting statement:
    > I'm using 2.0.0.7. I have a web site which I update from time to time. If
    > I visit my site and then upload changes to it and go back to it, the changes
    > do not appear. I assume that that is because it is reading the page from
    > its cache. Help tells me that clicking Reload will cause the page to be
    > reloaded in its current form but it doesn't. Reloading Firefox from scratch
    > doesn't either, I seem to have to re-boot. Presumably this may mean that
    > during other surfing I am not getting the current pages. Can any one
    > suggest a workaround please?

    try holding shift while clicking reload, or clear the cache.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: reload

    Richard wrote:
    > I'm using 2.0.0.7. I have a web site which I update from time to time. If
    > I visit my site and then upload changes to it and go back to it, the changes
    > do not appear. I assume that that is because it is reading the page from
    > its cache. Help tells me that clicking Reload will cause the page to be
    > reloaded in its current form but it doesn't. Reloading Firefox from scratch
    > doesn't either, I seem to have to re-boot. Presumably this may mean that
    > during other surfing I am not getting the current pages. Can any one
    > suggest a workaround please?

    I'd suggest installing the PrefBar extension. It has many useful, user
    selected, features one of which is the ability with one click to clear cache.
    http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

+ Reply to Thread