Firefox 2.0.0.7 Crashing Constantly - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.0.0.7 Crashing Constantly - Mozilla ; I am currently running Firefox 2.0.0.7 as my internet client. However, it keeps stopping functioning and turning grey at random intervals. When it turns grey, I am able to see the frame of the window, ie. the menus and the ...

  1. Firefox 2.0.0.7 Crashing Constantly

    I am currently running Firefox 2.0.0.7 as my internet client. However, it
    keeps stopping functioning and turning grey at random intervals. When it
    turns grey, I am able to see the frame of the window, ie. the menus and the
    information bar at the bottom of Firefox. However, the tabs are no longer
    accessible and I am unable to navigate to any sites. On closing Firefox
    before restarting, it prompts me that a number of tabs are still open and do
    I still want to close. This is still the case even though I am unable to
    access the tabs themselves.

    This behaviour seems to happen when I am using Wikipedia. However, it has
    also happened on other sites in addition. I have tried to rectify this by
    reinstalling, but the problem still persists.

    Are there any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem?

    NB. I have a few addons installed into the browser, one of which is a
    bookmark sync utility.

  2. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.7 Crashing Constantly

    Sam K wrote:
    > I am currently running Firefox 2.0.0.7 as my internet client. However,
    > it keeps stopping functioning and turning grey at random intervals. When
    > it turns grey, I am able to see the frame of the window, ie. the menus
    > and the information bar at the bottom of Firefox. However, the tabs are
    > no longer accessible and I am unable to navigate to any sites. On
    > closing Firefox before restarting, it prompts me that a number of tabs
    > are still open and do I still want to close. This is still the case even
    > though I am unable to access the tabs themselves.
    >
    > This behaviour seems to happen when I am using Wikipedia. However, it
    > has also happened on other sites in addition. I have tried to rectify
    > this by reinstalling, but the problem still persists.
    >
    > Are there any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem?
    >
    > NB. I have a few addons installed into the browser, one of which is a
    > bookmark sync utility.

    That sounds more like hanging than crashing, but just to make sure, try
    both of these:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes

  3. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.7 Crashing Constantly

    When I stated the initial problem, I was really referring to Firefox as
    'hanging' for want of a better word at the time of writing.

    "EE" wrote in message
    news:2eudnXRFUJM_g5DanZ2dnUVZ_srinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Sam K wrote:
    >> I am currently running Firefox 2.0.0.7 as my internet client. However, it
    >> keeps stopping functioning and turning grey at random intervals. When it
    >> turns grey, I am able to see the frame of the window, ie. the menus and
    >> the information bar at the bottom of Firefox. However, the tabs are no
    >> longer accessible and I am unable to navigate to any sites. On closing
    >> Firefox before restarting, it prompts me that a number of tabs are still
    >> open and do I still want to close. This is still the case even though I
    >> am unable to access the tabs themselves.
    >>
    >> This behaviour seems to happen when I am using Wikipedia. However, it has
    >> also happened on other sites in addition. I have tried to rectify this by
    >> reinstalling, but the problem still persists.
    >>
    >> Are there any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem?
    >>
    >> NB. I have a few addons installed into the browser, one of which is a
    >> bookmark sync utility.

    > That sounds more like hanging than crashing, but just to make sure, try
    > both of these:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes

+ Reply to Thread