Caching - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Caching - Mozilla ; How can I get Firefox to pick up that a previously viewed web page has been updated? Even refresh still shows old one even though file modified date has changed. I have ticked Clear Private Data in the Tools-> Options-> ...

  1. Caching

    How can I get Firefox to pick up that a previously viewed web page has been
    updated?
    Even refresh still shows old one even though file modified date has changed.
    I have ticked Clear Private Data in the Tools-> Options-> Privacy which is
    the only way I can discover so I can see the new version of a flash
    presentation.
    Although Clear Private data does allow me to view new version it's at the
    expense of clearing my History.
    How can I set for files to be updated in the cache when the date stamp has
    changed since last viewing?
    Many thanks
    Vicky

  2. Re: Caching

    On 10/10/2007 11:54 AM eastern, Vix Clarke wrote:
    > How can I get Firefox to pick up that a previously viewed web page has been
    > updated?
    > Even refresh still shows old one even though file modified date has changed.
    > I have ticked Clear Private Data in the Tools-> Options-> Privacy which is
    > the only way I can discover so I can see the new version of a flash
    > presentation.
    > Although Clear Private data does allow me to view new version it's at the
    > expense of clearing my History.
    > How can I set for files to be updated in the cache when the date stamp has
    > changed since last viewing?
    > Many thanks
    > Vicky

    See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ca..._doc_frequency - set to 1.
    CTinCT

  3. Re: Caching

    "Cal Tinson" wrote in message
    news:Zu2dnReBbemZYZHanZ2dnUVZ_g6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 10/10/2007 11:54 AM eastern, Vix Clarke wrote:
    > > How can I get Firefox to pick up that a previously viewed web page has

    been
    > > updated?
    > > Even refresh still shows old one even though file modified date has

    changed.
    > > I have ticked Clear Private Data in the Tools-> Options-> Privacy which

    is
    > > the only way I can discover so I can see the new version of a flash
    > > presentation.
    > > Although Clear Private data does allow me to view new version it's at

    the
    > > expense of clearing my History.
    > > How can I set for files to be updated in the cache when the date stamp

    has
    > > changed since last viewing?
    > > Many thanks
    > > Vicky

    > See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ca..._doc_frequency - set to

    1.
    > CTinCT

    That's a bit drastic for the sake of just one Flash document.

    Better would be to ensure the server sends a cache-control header with the
    content.

    Cache-Control: no-cache; max-age=0

    This will force Firefox to check the freshness of its cached version
    everytime it is accessed without requiring that the same be done for all
    content which would make browsing quite slow.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

  4. Re: Caching

    How about Ctrl+F5 Reload, Ignore cache
    does that work for embedded flash file.

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

    "Vix Clarke" wrote in message news:kLydnTXoBZ0vaJHanZ2dnUVZ_t-gnZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > How can I get Firefox to pick up that a previously viewed web page has been
    > updated?
    > Even refresh still shows old one even though file modified date has changed.
    > I have ticked Clear Private Data in the Tools-> Options-> Privacy which is
    > the only way I can discover so I can see the new version of a flash
    > presentation.
    > Although Clear Private data does allow me to view new version it's at the
    > expense of clearing my History.
    > How can I set for files to be updated in the cache when the date stamp has
    > changed since last viewing?
    > Many thanks
    > Vicky

+ Reply to Thread