Multiple password choices not presented for same website - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Multiple password choices not presented for same website - Mozilla ; After migrating to Firefox v2.0.0.7, went to website where we have 3 accounts (with a stock brokerage). Under old version of Mozilla we were presented with a login choice for each, and when an individual account was highlighted and clicked, ...

  1. Multiple password choices not presented for same website

    After migrating to Firefox v2.0.0.7, went to
    website where we have 3 accounts (with a stock
    brokerage). Under old version of Mozilla we were
    presented with a login choice for each, and when
    an individual account was highlighted and
    clicked, the website logon box filled in the
    correct information and subsequent click opened
    the account.

    Under Firefox, opening Tools/Options/Security,
    the Remember password box was checked and when
    Show was opened, all information including
    passwords were there yet no choices were
    presented when trying to login. When manually
    typing in the account number, the password
    filled in automatically. How can we get the
    account numbers to present automatically
    offering a choice to click?

  2. Re: Multiple password choices not presented for same website

    mcm wrote:
    > After migrating to Firefox v2.0.0.7, went to
    > website where we have 3 accounts (with a stock
    > brokerage). Under old version of Mozilla we were
    > presented with a login choice for each, and when
    > an individual account was highlighted and
    > clicked, the website logon box filled in the
    > correct information and subsequent click opened
    > the account.
    >
    > Under Firefox, opening Tools/Options/Security,
    > the Remember password box was checked and when
    > Show was opened, all information including
    > passwords were there yet no choices were
    > presented when trying to login. When manually
    > typing in the account number, the password
    > filled in automatically. How can we get the
    > account numbers to present automatically
    > offering a choice to click?

    some sites disable the remembering of passwords. One way to
    get around it is the remember password bookmarklet. Just
    drag the icon to your bookmark toolbar, visit the site,
    click the bookmarklet, click OK to the popup, enter your
    user name and password, and enter:
    https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarkl...ember_password

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Multiple password choices not presented for same website

    "clay" ...
    > mcm wrote:
    >> After migrating to Firefox v2.0.0.7, went to website where we have 3
    >> accounts (with a stock brokerage). Under old version of Mozilla we were
    >> presented with a login choice for each, and when an individual account
    >> was highlighted and clicked, the website logon box filled in the correct
    >> information and subsequent click opened the account.
    >>
    >> Under Firefox, opening Tools/Options/Security, the Remember password box
    >> was checked and when Show was opened, all information including
    >> passwords were there yet no choices were presented when trying to login.
    >> When manually typing in the account number, the password filled in
    >> automatically. How can we get the account numbers to present
    >> automatically offering a choice to click?

    > Sometimes doubleclicking in the user box will pop up the choices.

    Sounds good to me, trying to guess what the first letter was
    before the password remembering kicks in is an annoyance.

    Tried on Yahoo though where I have several accounts but it didn't
    work there. Wonder if Fx3 changes anything for multiple accounts.

  4. Re: Multiple password choices not presented for same website

    "David McRitchie" wrote in message
    newspGdnZLk99dq75DanZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@mozilla.org
    > "clay" ...
    >> mcm wrote:
    >>> After migrating to Firefox v2.0.0.7, went to website where we have 3
    >>> accounts (with a stock brokerage). Under old version of Mozilla we
    >>> were presented with a login choice for each, and when an individual
    >>> account was highlighted and clicked, the website logon box filled
    >>> in the correct information and subsequent click opened the account.
    >>>
    >>> Under Firefox, opening Tools/Options/Security, the Remember
    >>> password box was checked and when Show was opened, all information
    >>> including passwords were there yet no choices were presented when
    >>> trying to login. When manually typing in the account number, the
    >>> password filled in automatically. How can we get the account
    >>> numbers to present automatically offering a choice to click?

    >> Sometimes doubleclicking in the user box will pop up the choices.

    > Sounds good to me, trying to guess what the first letter was
    > before the password remembering kicks in is an annoyance.
    >
    > Tried on Yahoo though where I have several accounts but it didn't
    > work there. Wonder if Fx3 changes anything for multiple accounts.

    It doesn't work on Yahoo for me either, unless I use the bookmarklet every
    time, despite the fact the passwords are already saved. I have two
    accounts, but I can't get them to show up in the user name drop down. But,
    if use the bookmarklet, then double click the user name field, the options
    show up. Alternatively, if I type in the whole user name and tab to the PW
    field, it auto populates since it was saved using the bookmarklet
    previously. Sort of a nuisance.

+ Reply to Thread