Malware aborting Firefox use - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Malware aborting Firefox use - Mozilla ; 10.10.2007 I use Firefox version: 2.0.0.7. and I work very comfortably with it. I am a Home-User. I downloaded some songs through LIMEWIRE ( ver. 4.14.10 ) website last night. After that, I get the following message : USE INTERNET ...

  1. Malware aborting Firefox use

    10.10.2007

    I use Firefox version: 2.0.0.7. and I work very comfortably with it. I am a
    Home-User.

    I downloaded some songs through LIMEWIRE ( ver. 4.14.10 ) website last
    night. After that, I get the following message :

    USE INTERNET EXPLORER YOU DOPE

    I DONT HATE MOZILLA BUT USE IE OR ELSE...

    The Firefox then automatically shuts down. This virus or whatever, is not
    allowing me to access Firefox. before I could anything, Firefox shuts down.

    Please let me know how to fix this problem.

    Thank you.
    N. Abdul Wahab.

  2. Use IE messages when opening FF

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/'Use_IE'_m...pening_Firefox

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: Use IE messages when opening FF

    On 10/9/2007 8:30 PM Irwin Greenwald inquired:

    > On 10/9/2007 7:19 PM, AbdulWahab Naivasal wrote:
    >> 10.10.2007
    >>
    >> I use Firefox version: 2.0.0.7. and I work very comfortably with it. I am a
    >> Home-User.
    >>
    >> I downloaded some songs through LIMEWIRE ( ver. 4.14.10 ) website last
    >> night. After that, I get the following message :
    >>
    >> USE INTERNET EXPLORER YOU DOPE
    >>
    >> I DONT HATE MOZILLA BUT USE IE OR ELSE...
    >>
    >> The Firefox then automatically shuts down. This virus or whatever, is not
    >> allowing me to access Firefox. before I could anything, Firefox shuts down.
    >>
    >> Please let me know how to fix this problem.
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >> N. Abdul Wahab.
    >>

    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/'Use_IE'_m...pening_Firefox

    any reason in particular you changed the subject line, Irwin?
    The Indian sub continent virus is out and running amok in the Himalayas
    again, it seems...

  4. Re: Use IE messages when opening FF

    goodwin wrote in

    > On 10/9/2007 8:30 PM Irwin Greenwald inquired:
    >
    >> On 10/9/2007 7:19 PM, AbdulWahab Naivasal wrote:
    >>> 10.10.2007
    >>>
    >>> I use Firefox version: 2.0.0.7. and I work very comfortably
    >>> with it. I am a Home-User.
    >>>
    >>> I downloaded some songs through LIMEWIRE ( ver. 4.14.10 )
    >>> website last night. After that, I get the following message
    >>> :
    >>>
    >>> USE INTERNET EXPLORER YOU DOPE
    >>>
    >>> I DONT HATE MOZILLA BUT USE IE OR ELSE...
    >>>
    >>> The Firefox then automatically shuts down. This virus or
    >>> whatever, is not allowing me to access Firefox. before I
    >>> could anything, Firefox shuts down.
    >>>
    >>> Please let me know how to fix this problem.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you.
    >>> N. Abdul Wahab.
    >>>

    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/'Use_IE'_m..._opening_Firef
    >> ox
    >>

    > any reason in particular you changed the subject line, Irwin?

    Because it addresses the problem better than the original; people
    with the "Use IE" problem will be more likely to find this
    solution if the problem shows in the subject line.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five.

  5. Re: Use IE messages when opening FF

    On 10/10/2007 5:27 AM, Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > goodwin wrote in

    >>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/'Use_IE'_m..._opening_Firef
    >>> ox
    >>>

    >> any reason in particular you changed the subject line, Irwin?

    > Because it addresses the problem better than the original; people
    > with the "Use IE" problem will be more likely to find this
    > solution if the problem shows in the subject line.

    Good answer Christopher. However, i set my QuickQuote up that way for
    reasons I don't recall!

    --
    Irwin

  6. Re: Malware aborting Firefox use

    AbdulWahab Naivasal wrote:
    > 10.10.2007
    >
    > I use Firefox version: 2.0.0.7. and I work very comfortably with it. I am a
    > Home-User.
    >
    > I downloaded some songs through LIMEWIRE ( ver. 4.14.10 ) website last
    > night. After that, I get the following message :
    >
    > USE INTERNET EXPLORER YOU DOPE
    >
    > I DONT HATE MOZILLA BUT USE IE OR ELSE...
    >
    > The Firefox then automatically shuts down. This virus or whatever, is not
    > allowing me to access Firefox. before I could anything, Firefox shuts down.
    >
    > Please let me know how to fix this problem.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > N. Abdul Wahab.

    There is some advice here:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Use_IE_mes...pening_Firefox