No sound in browser on vista home premium - Mozilla

This is a discussion on No sound in browser on vista home premium - Mozilla ; I'm currently having a problem with sound in the browser on Windows Vista Home Premium. the sound works fine outside Firefox 2 but I have no sound on sites such as www.veoh.com & www.youtube.com . are there any easy solutions ...

  1. No sound in browser on vista home premium

    I'm currently having a problem with sound in the browser on Windows
    Vista Home Premium. the sound works fine outside Firefox 2 but I have no
    sound on sites such as www.veoh.com & www.youtube.com . are there any
    easy solutions to this or is it a known bug?

  2. Re: No sound in browser on vista home premium

    M wrote:
    > I'm currently having a problem with sound in the browser on Windows
    > Vista Home Premium. the sound works fine outside Firefox 2 but I have no
    > sound on sites such as www.veoh.com & www.youtube.com . are there any
    > easy solutions to this or is it a known bug?

    sounds work on those sites. Have you got the lastest Adobe
    Flash player installed? Are your speakers turned on? Volume
    turned up?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: No sound in browser on vista home premium

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > M wrote:
    >> I'm currently having a problem with sound in the browser on Windows
    >> Vista Home Premium. the sound works fine outside Firefox 2 but I have
    >> no sound on sites such as www.veoh.com & www.youtube.com . are there
    >> any easy solutions to this or is it a known bug?

    > sounds work on those sites. Have you got the lastest Adobe Flash player
    > installed? Are your speakers turned on? Volume turned up?

    Yes to all of the above. but still no sound

  4. Re: No sound in browser on vista home premium

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:50:17 +0100, M wrote:

    > I'm currently having a problem with sound in the browser on Windows
    > Vista Home Premium. the sound works fine outside Firefox 2 but I have no
    > sound on sites such as www.veoh.com & www.youtube.com . are there any
    > easy solutions to this or is it a known bug?

    The sound works for me in Firefox on Vista.

    Have a look at these:

    --
    Rom

  5. Re: No sound in browser on vista home premium

    Rom wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:50:17 +0100, M wrote:
    >
    >> I'm currently having a problem with sound in the browser on Windows
    >> Vista Home Premium. the sound works fine outside Firefox 2 but I have no
    >> sound on sites such as www.veoh.com & www.youtube.com . are there any
    >> easy solutions to this or is it a known bug?

    > The sound works for me in Firefox on Vista.
    >
    > Have a look at these:

    the first one worked a charm, thanks for the help.

  6. Re: No sound in browser on vista home premium

    On Oct 9, 7:50 pm, M wrote:
    > I'm currently having a problem with sound in the browser on Windows
    > Vista Home Premium. the sound works fine outside Firefox 2 but I have no
    > sound on sites such aswww.veoh.com &www.youtube.com. are there any
    > easy solutions to this or is it a known bug?

    hi i had the same problem running on windows vista home premium.
    firefox 2 did not seem to work on any site with sound.
    heres how i fixed it:
    first open firefox2 on any site requiring sound. (e.g. youtube.com)
    and play any video.
    ok, simply go to your volume tray icon (bottom right; next to clock)
    and click 'mixer'
    now, one of the devices should be Mozilla Firefox. just click unmute
    at the bottom of it and problem solved.

    thank u for your time.
    hope this helped

  7. Re: No sound in browser on vista home premium

    Dude,

    Thanks for your simple solution to my no sound issue with Firefox. I
    am a complete idiot! I even knew about that volume control option in
    Vista and forgot about it.

    Thanks a bunch.

    nomisi...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 7:50 pm, M wrote:
    > > I'm currently having a problem with sound in the browser on Windows
    > > Vista Home Premium. the sound works fine outside Firefox 2 but I have no
    > > sound on sites such aswww.veoh.com &www.youtube.com. are there any
    > > easy solutions to this or is it a known bug?

    > hi i had the same problem running on windows vista home premium.
    > firefox 2 did not seem to work on any site with sound.
    > heres how i fixed it:
    > first open firefox2 on any site requiring sound. (e.g. youtube.com)
    > and play any video.
    > ok, simply go to your volume tray icon (bottom right; next to clock)
    > and click 'mixer'
    > now, one of the devices should be Mozilla Firefox. just click unmute
    > at the bottom of it and problem solved.
    >
    > thank u for your time.
    > hope this helped

+ Reply to Thread