Firefox crashes when in Investors business daily - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox crashes when in Investors business daily - Mozilla ; When I go to www.investors.com and try to bring up a chart Firefox crashes. is there any way to prevent this? Ed...

  1. Firefox crashes when in Investors business daily

    When I go to www.investors.com and try to bring up a chart Firefox
    crashes. is there any way to prevent this?

    Ed

  2. Re: Firefox crashes when in Investors business daily

    On 10/7/2007 5:55 AM Pacific Time, egildone wrote thusly:
    > When I go to www.investors.com and try to bring up a chart Firefox
    > crashes. is there any way to prevent this?
    >
    > Ed

    Ed,
    When I tried it, it gives a new page that says:

    Additional Software Required

    To access our chart services from a Firefox or Netscape browser, it is
    necessary to install two software components in the order noted below.

    Step 1: Install ActiveX Controls

    Click here to download our charting software (additional directions are
    available from this link).

    Step 2: Install Asgard Plugin

    The plugin below was designed to work with Netscape versions 6.1 - 7.1,
    but may work with other Mozilla-based browsers such as Firefox 1.0 or
    greater. Please follow the instructions below.
    Asgard Plugin
    Note: After you install the plugin, you must close all browser windows
    for the changes to take effect.

    This plug-in software will allow this browser to load our software. When
    accessing our charts for the first time from a computer, our charting
    software should prompt you for permission to install.
    For more information on using a Netscape browser to access our services,
    please visit www.investors.com/service/NetscapeGraphs.asp

    ***
    I did not go any further.

    Barbara

  3. Re: Firefox crashes when in Investors business daily

    On 10/7/2007 9:09 AM Pacific Time, Barbara wrote thusly:
    > On 10/7/2007 5:55 AM Pacific Time, egildone wrote thusly:
    >> When I go to www.investors.com and try to bring up a chart Firefox
    >> crashes. is there any way to prevent this?
    >>
    >> Ed

    > Ed,
    > When I tried it, it gives a new page that says:
    >
    > Additional Software Required
    >
    > To access our chart services from a Firefox or Netscape browser, it is
    > necessary to install two software components in the order noted below.
    >
    > Step 1: Install ActiveX Controls
    >
    > Click here to download our charting software (additional directions are
    > available from this link).
    >
    > Step 2: Install Asgard Plugin
    >
    > The plugin below was designed to work with Netscape versions 6.1 - 7.1,
    > but may work with other Mozilla-based browsers such as Firefox 1.0 or
    > greater. Please follow the instructions below.
    > Asgard Plugin
    > Note: After you install the plugin, you must close all browser windows
    > for the changes to take effect.
    >

    > This plug-in software will allow this browser to load our software. When
    > accessing our charts for the first time from a computer, our charting
    > software should prompt you for permission to install.
    > For more information on using a Netscape browser to access our services,
    > please visit www.investors.com/service/NetscapeGraphs.asp
    >
    > ***
    > I did not go any further.
    >
    > Barbara