Cannot double-click on saved html files and open them - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Cannot double-click on saved html files and open them - Mozilla ; w/W2K SP4: Recently I switched to FF2 after many years of IE. I have numerous htm and html files saved with IE. When IE was the default browser, double-clicking on any saved htm and html files would open them in ...

  1. Cannot double-click on saved html files and open them

    w/W2K SP4:

    Recently I switched to FF2 after many years of IE.

    I have numerous htm and html files saved with IE.

    When IE was the default browser, double-clicking on any saved htm and
    html files would open them in IE.

    After installing FF2 and making it the default browser, htm and html
    files are now associated with FF (file's icons are now FF), but
    double-clicking on any saved htm and html files returns the following
    error:

    Access to the specified device, path, or file is denied.

    If I right-click on the file and select "Open With" and then select
    FF (which is already associated and confirmed in the files Properties)
    then the file opens in FF as I would expect it to, but this list of
    steps must be followed for each file.

    I suspect that some additional registry association has not been
    completed successfully.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    --
    George Newton

  2. Re: Cannot double-click on saved html files and open them

    George Newton wrote:
    > w/W2K SP4:
    >
    > Recently I switched to FF2 after many years of IE.
    >
    > I have numerous htm and html files saved with IE.
    >
    > When IE was the default browser, double-clicking on any saved htm and
    > html files would open them in IE.
    >
    > After installing FF2 and making it the default browser, htm and html
    > files are now associated with FF (file's icons are now FF), but
    > double-clicking on any saved htm and html files returns the following
    > error:
    >
    > Access to the specified device, path, or file is denied.
    >
    > If I right-click on the file and select "Open With" and then select
    > FF (which is already associated and confirmed in the files Properties)
    > then the file opens in FF as I would expect it to, but this list of
    > steps must be followed for each file.
    >
    > I suspect that some additional registry association has not been
    > completed successfully.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Hi,

    Not the same error:

    but it may help in checking your file type association.

    Ian

  3. Re: Cannot double-click on saved html files and open them

    Ian,

    Thanks a bunch!

    Though my error message is different, the solution offered
    solved my problem.

    I have applied for a username to edit the page and add my
    error message.

    --
    George Newton

+ Reply to Thread