Firefox no longer remembers my password for a site nor will prompt me to save either - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox no longer remembers my password for a site nor will prompt me to save either - Mozilla ; Hi all, I regularly visit a site with a forum that requires me to log in to be able to post, etc. I had been prompted by Firefox to save the username/password for this site - http://boards.theforce.net/ if anyone is ...

  1. Firefox no longer remembers my password for a site nor will prompt me to save either

    Hi all,

    I regularly visit a site with a forum that requires me to log in to be able to
    post, etc.

    I had been prompted by Firefox to save the username/password for this site -
    http://boards.theforce.net/ if anyone is interested - which I selected to do
    and I used to be logged in automatically whenever I visited the site.

    I am now no longer logged in automatically and so I checked the password
    manager to find that the username and password that *was* saved for this site
    is now missing from my saved passwords. I am, however, no longer prompted to
    save my username and password whenever I enter it manually either.

    Would anyone have any idea why the username/password has disappeared as I know
    I didn't delete it? Also, how can I get Firefox to prompt me to save the
    username/password the next time that I enter it manually so that I can be
    automatically logged on in future?

    Cheers.

  2. Re: Firefox no longer remembers my password for a site nor will promptme to save either

    Shaun wrote:

    > I regularly visit a site with a forum that requires me to log in to be able to
    > post, etc.
    >
    > I had been prompted by Firefox to save the username/password for this site -
    > http://boards.theforce.net/ if anyone is interested - which I selected to do
    > and I used to be logged in automatically whenever I visited the site.
    >
    > I am now no longer logged in automatically and so I checked the password
    > manager to find that the username and password that *was* saved for this site
    > is now missing from my saved passwords. I am, however, no longer prompted to
    > save my username and password whenever I enter it manually either.

    They seem to have changed their login page so that it is impossible to
    save the username and password, see this article for workarounds:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/User_name_...assword_saving

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  3. Re: Firefox no longer remembers my password for a site nor will promptme to save either

    On 21.09.2007 19:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Aggro to
    generate the following:? :
    > Shaun wrote:
    >

    >> I regularly visit a site with a forum that requires me to log in to be able to
    >> post, etc.
    >>
    >> I had been prompted by Firefox to save the username/password for this site -
    >> http://boards.theforce.net/ if anyone is interested - which I selected to do
    >> and I used to be logged in automatically whenever I visited the site.
    >>
    >> I am now no longer logged in automatically and so I checked the password
    >> manager to find that the username and password that *was* saved for this site
    >> is now missing from my saved passwords. I am, however, no longer prompted to
    >> save my username and password whenever I enter it manually either.
    >>

    > They seem to have changed their login page so that it is impossible to
    > save the username and password, see this article for workarounds:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/User_name_...assword_saving

    find and *delete* any cookies for that site (cookie.txt)
    re-start FF
    login to the site...

    maybe it will then work properly! Login info is usually stored on your
    computer as a cookie. If and when the site changes things (or you update
    your software) stored cookies may become obsolete!

    reg

+ Reply to Thread