CSS Zoom - Mozilla

This is a discussion on CSS Zoom - Mozilla ; I utilize a photography gallery template that displays images at http://www.nsapc.com/pic . One feature of the template by Allwebco is the ability to zoom in on images (I believe it is called CSS zoom). The feature performs as expected when ...

  1. CSS Zoom

    I utilize a photography gallery template that displays images at
    http://www.nsapc.com/pic. One feature of the template by Allwebco is the
    ability to zoom in on images (I believe it is called CSS zoom). The feature
    performs as expected when IE7 is the browser but not when using FF. The
    template creator asserts the inability is due to the design of FF and not
    the template. Is there an add-on or any other workaround to achieve the
    zoom in FF under Vista?

    N. Schwartz

  2. Re: CSS Zoom

    9/17/2007 5:54 PM 9 NSA Ъ
    > I utilize a photography gallery template that displays images at
    > http://www.nsapc.com/pic. One feature of the template by Allwebco is
    > the ability to zoom in on images (I believe it is called CSS zoom).
    > The feature performs as expected when IE7 is the browser but not when
    > using FF. The template creator asserts the inability is due to the
    > design of FF and not the template. Is there an add-on or any other
    > workaround to achieve the zoom in FF under Vista?
    >
    > N. Schwartz

    I suggest posting a copy of the template to the mozilla.test.multimedia
    group on this news server. There is a restriction that posting of images
    will require your signing on to the mail list serv because the group is
    moderated, as required by Giganews for the privilege of posting binaries.

    I suspect that the template is using scripting to cue the CSS. If the
    script is compatible with the javascript supported by Fx, then an image
    zoom will work in Fx. This has been demonstrated in the testing group.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  3. Re: CSS Zoom

    "Ron K." wrote in message news:3dKdnfUFHN3QgHLbnZ2dnUVZ_rmjnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > 9/17/2007 5:54 PM 9 NSA Ъ
    >> I utilize a photography gallery template that displays images at http://www.nsapc.com/pic. One feature of the template by
    >> Allwebco is the ability to zoom in on images (I believe it is called CSS zoom). The feature performs as expected when IE7 is the
    >> browser but not when using FF. The template creator asserts the inability is due to the design of FF and not the template. Is
    >> there an add-on or any other workaround to achieve the zoom in FF under Vista?
    >>
    >> N. Schwartz

    > I suggest posting a copy of the template to the mozilla.test.multimedia group on this news server. There is a restriction that
    > posting of images will require your signing on to the mail list serv because the group is moderated, as required by Giganews for
    > the privilege of posting binaries.
    >
    > I suspect that the template is using scripting to cue the CSS. If the script is compatible with the javascript supported by Fx,
    > then an image zoom will work in Fx. This has been demonstrated in the testing group.

    I don't have CSS Zoom and have no problem zooming with
    "Image Zoom" extension to zoom a single image http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/
    "Mouse Zoom" extension to zoom all text and images https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2244/
    similar to what Opera has builtin.
    "ColorZilla" ext to zoom all text &images, not recommended for this purpose though,
    and don't know why it is included, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/271
    Using "Launchy" extension to invoke IrfanView (irfanview.com) to zoom image
    outside of Firefox.
    More information on each of the above at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    I can zoom to 150% on the test page at http://www.severnsolutions.co.uk/
    before "Mouse Zoom" breaks 3 column layout out of the screen. An example
    mentioned at http://www.severnsolutions.co.uk/twb.../csszoomfactor
    also see http://severnsolutions.co.uk/twblog/.../2004/05/page2

    There is no "CSS Zoom", css-zoom, or csszoom at addons.mozilla.org or mozdev.org
    all of which would be found by site searches with Google using css-zoom -- I would
    suggest you find where you got what you have or use one of the extensions mentioned.
    Is it a bookmarklet or is it an extension. Also what version of Firefox do you have.
    Bookmarklet "Zoom Images" at https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
    In the Google hits I did look at most seem to refer to IE CSS Zoom, this one also
    mentions Firefox 3 with a slider for zoom --
    http://www.beltzner.ca/mike/archives...he_pretty.html

    This looks like the problem you mention but the link at allwebco is broken
    http://world-templates.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/12.html
    http://allwebco-templates.com/templa...2/gallery3.htm (404 error)

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  4. Re: CSS Zoom

    9/18/2007 3:51 AM 9 David McRitchie Ъ
> [...]

    > http://www.severnsolutions.co.uk/twb.../csszoomfactor
    > also see http://severnsolutions.co.uk/twblog/.../2004/05/page2
    >
    > There is no "CSS Zoom", css-zoom, or csszoom at addons.mozilla.org
    > or mozdev.org
    > all of which would be found by site searches with Google using
    > css-zoom -- I would
    > suggest you find where you got what you have or use one of the
    > extensions mentioned.
    > Is it a bookmarklet or is it an extension. Also what version of
    > Firefox do you have.
    > Bookmarklet "Zoom Images" at https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
    > In the Google hits I did look at most seem to refer to IE CSS Zoom,
    > this one also
    > mentions Firefox 3 with a slider for zoom --
    > http://www.beltzner.ca/mike/archives...he_pretty.html
    >

    > This looks like the problem you mention but the link at allwebco is

    With the use of Javascript and styling an image can be zoomed from
    thumbnail size up to a larger size. The proof of concept has been
    demonstrated in the multimedia test group by JoeS. No extension is
    needed as the ability is built into the Gecko backend core code.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

+ Reply to Thread