Minimal skin - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Minimal skin - Mozilla ; Have tried to update my minimal skin (userChrome.css) to work with the 3.0 beta (Minefield), but it wasn't easy. Why do you change the names of element, remove name for elements (that still exist w/o name) etc? Anyway. Version for ...

  1. Minimal skin

    Anyway. Version for 2.x and 3.x here: http://osterud.name/firefox.html
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
    My Firefox tweaks: http://osterud.name/firefox.html

  2. Re: Minimal skin

    Lars-Erik ěsterud wrote:
    > Have tried to update my minimal skin (userChrome.css) to work with the
    > 3.0 beta (Minefield), but it wasn't easy. Why do you change the names
    > of element, remove name for elements (that still exist w/o name) etc?

    I don't know the answer to the specific questions, but the developers
    usually do changes, because they think the end result is better.
    Breaking compatibility with older versions is hardly ever welcomed, but
    if it isn't done, we would just have a browser which wouldn't ever improve.

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  3. Re: Minimal skin

    Aggro wrote:

    > Breaking compatibility with older versions is hardly ever welcomed, but
    > if it isn't done, we would just have a browser which wouldn't ever improve.

    But removing "node" names for elements that are still there (so that
    they can't be uniqly identified and accessed) and changing names of
    other "nodes" (that are still there) doesn't add anything at all?

    Just makes confusion (and CSS code need to support both FF2 and 3)
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
    My Firefox tweaks: http://osterud.name/firefox.html

+ Reply to Thread