iGoogle settings not saved - Mozilla

This is a discussion on iGoogle settings not saved - Mozilla ; I've been having a couple of problems with Firefox if anyone can provide any help. First, whenever I open iGoogle after I've closed the browser, I have to sign in all over again -- that is, it doesn't save my ...

  1. iGoogle settings not saved

    I've been having a couple of problems with Firefox if anyone can provide any
    help.

    First, whenever I open iGoogle after I've closed the browser, I have to sign
    in all over again -- that is, it doesn't save my log-in anymore. The same
    for Gmail and my Comcast e-mail account. I don't have this problem on the
    other computer on which I have Firefox installed -- it always automatically
    signs me into iGoogle, Gmail and Comcast.net.

    My second problem is that some pages, most notably Wikipedia, do not display
    correctly. For Wikipedia, what should be the table on the left-hand side
    (with the contents, search bar, languages, etc.) is displayed under the rest
    of the web page, and the site is displayed with the font I've set as default
    for Firefox when no font is specified, rather than the sans-serif font it
    usually displays with.

    I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Firefox, but to no avail.
    I've checked to see whether cookies are not being accepted from some sites,
    but I'm accepting cookies from everywhere. I've checked to see that Java
    and Javascript are enabled, and they are. I don't know what else to do.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: iGoogle settings not saved

    Curtis wrote:
    > I've been having a couple of problems with Firefox if anyone can provide any
    > help.
    >
    > First, whenever I open iGoogle after I've closed the browser, I have to sign
    > in all over again -- that is, it doesn't save my log-in anymore. The same
    > for Gmail and my Comcast e-mail account. I don't have this problem on the
    > other computer on which I have Firefox installed -- it always automatically
    > signs me into iGoogle, Gmail and Comcast.net.

    what is your user-agent string where it doesn't work? (the long string under
    the version number when you enter "about:", without the quotes, in the URL bar
    and hit Enter) That string is sent on every HTTP request. If, instead of
    "Firefox" near the end, it includes something line "BonEcho", "GranParadiso"
    or "Minefield" (or "DeerPark", for that matter, but that one is obsolete),
    that can throw Google's b0rken browser-detection mechanism off its kilter. One
    possible workaround is to add something like "Firefox/2.0.0.6" as the value
    for a newly-created about:config preference named, for instance,
    "general.useragent.extra.firesomething". (If you don't understand how to set
    it up, I can tell you.) If your user-agent string already includes "Firefox"
    then I don't know what hit you.

    > My second problem is that some pages, most notably Wikipedia, do not display
    > correctly. For Wikipedia, what should be the table on the left-hand side
    > (with the contents, search bar, languages, etc.) is displayed under the rest
    > of the web page, and the site is displayed with the font I've set as default
    > for Firefox when no font is specified, rather than the sans-serif font it
    > usually displays with.

    If the problem reappears, then first, try hitting Ctrl-Shift-R to refresh that
    page while disregarding the cache. If it doesn't work, try making sure that
    you are logged-in to Wikipedia _in_ _that_ _language_ , and, if that doesn't
    cure the problem, go to your "Preferences" pages and change your "skin"
    settings, then "save".

    > I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Firefox, but to no avail.
    > I've checked to see whether cookies are not being accepted from some sites,
    > but I'm accepting cookies from everywhere. I've checked to see that Java
    > and Javascript are enabled, and they are. I don't know what else to do.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Q: How many right-to-lifers does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: Two. One to screw it in and one to say that light started when the

+ Reply to Thread