great performance problems in linux, when scrolling - Mozilla

This is a discussion on great performance problems in linux, when scrolling - Mozilla ; Hello, I'm a new user of this mailing list. I use ubuntu 7.10 & fedora 8 which have firefox 2.0.0.6, but I also have installed granparadiso alpha 7. my problem is simple and happens in the webpages that have a ...

  1. great performance problems in linux, when scrolling

    Hello, I'm a new user of this mailing list. I use ubuntu 7.10 & fedora
    8 which have firefox 2.0.0.6, but I also have installed granparadiso
    alpha 7.
    my problem is simple and happens in the webpages that have a static
    (fixed?) background (which does not move when you scroll).
    When I scroll everything is really jerky (depending on the part of the
    image that does not move) and it is really difficult to scroll because
    of this problem. It seems that I'm using firefox in a 386! really!

    here is an example of webpage that has this problem.
    http://www.starcraft2.com/
    http://www.oakparkfoundation.org/
    http://www.linuxpowertop.org/known.php

    This problem happens with the opensource ati driver, with fglrx,and
    also with nvidia cards (nv and nvidia driver) so I think that this is
    a firefox problem in linux, since Windows does not have this problem.

    Thank you for helping me.

  2. Re: great performance problems in linux, when scrolling

    02 Sep 2007, mozilla.support.firefox you wrote:

    > http://www.starcraft2.com/

    shows as normal graphics. not 'immune' to vert scrolling.

    > http://www.oakparkfoundation.org/
    > http://www.linuxpowertop.org/known.php

    'immune' to vert scrolling, presumably as intended.

    ff2.0.0.6 winxp , under 1GHz.

    --
    http://www.googlewhack.com/nack.htm

+ Reply to Thread