what's wrong with your browswer? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on what's wrong with your browswer? - Mozilla ; There's something wrong with Internet Explorer, FireFox and Earthlink.net. When I open my Home Page, the page opens but there's an Internet Explorer Error Message (the "I" in a square and the legend: "THIS WEB PAGE CANNOT BE OPENED") even ...

  1. what's wrong with your browswer?

    There's something wrong with Internet Explorer, FireFox and
    Earthlink.net. When I open my Home Page, the page opens but there's
    an Internet Explorer Error Message (the "I" in a square and the
    legend: "THIS WEB PAGE CANNOT BE OPENED") even though the page is
    opened. When I open Earthlink.net using the AOL Browser, that message
    does not appear. When I boot my computer in Safe Mode and click on
    Internet Explorer, the EarthLink Home page opens without the Error
    Message.
    I thought it might be Internet Explorer 7 so I went back to I.E. 6 but
    that didn't help. I've tried SFC /SCANNOW but that didn't help.
    An EarthLink technician suggested it was caused by the Registry being
    corrupted with Internet Explorer, and that I download FireFox, which
    he did for me. Unfortunately, now the EarthLink Home Page opens with
    a different Error Message, this time a Yellow Triangle with an
    Exclamation Mark in the center, and an Error Message: FIREFOX CANNOT
    FIND.....How do fix the Internet Explorer and Fire Fox Errors?

  2. Re: what's wrong with your browswer?

    On 2007-08-29, joeskole@aol.com wrote:

    > There's something wrong with Internet Explorer, FireFox and
    > Earthlink.net. When I open my Home Page, the page opens but there's
    > an Internet Explorer Error Message (the "I" in a square and the
    > legend: "THIS WEB PAGE CANNOT BE OPENED") even though the page is
    > opened. When I open Earthlink.net using the AOL Browser, that message
    > does not appear. When I boot my computer in Safe Mode and click on
    > Internet Explorer, the EarthLink Home page opens without the Error
    > Message.
    > I thought it might be Internet Explorer 7 so I went back to I.E. 6 but
    > that didn't help. I've tried SFC /SCANNOW but that didn't help.
    > An EarthLink technician suggested it was caused by the Registry being
    > corrupted with Internet Explorer, and that I download FireFox, which
    > he did for me. Unfortunately, now the EarthLink Home Page opens with
    > a different Error Message, this time a Yellow Triangle with an
    > Exclamation Mark in the center, and an Error Message: FIREFOX CANNOT
    > FIND.....How do fix the Internet Explorer and Fire Fox Errors?

    With those similar problems happening to different browsers, I suspect
    the problem isn't in browsers but in your computer's network
    configuration. Call your ISP and make sure your settings are correct.

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

+ Reply to Thread