Re: Concurrent multiple versions supported? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Concurrent multiple versions supported? - Mozilla ; This question is better addressed in the support newsgroup. cc:ing that group and setting followups there. Chandra wrote: > Does Firefox offiicially support installing multiple versions on the same > machine and user_account at the same time and running them ...

  1. Re: Concurrent multiple versions supported?

    Chandra wrote:
    > Does Firefox offiicially support installing multiple versions on the same
    > machine and user_account at the same time and running them at the same time?
    >
    > I checked that it is possible to install multiple versions into different
    > folders (I checked with 2.0.0.6 and 1.5.0.12), both versions seem to use the
    > same %ApplicationData% folder to store the user preferences and web-content
    > cache. (Is this going to cause any problems? due to compatiblity)
    >
    > Also, I noticed that I can first launch 1.5.0.12 first and then 2.0.0.6
    > next. It does not work the other way around, 2.0.0.6 gets launched each
    > time.
    >
    > I just want to make sure, if this is something that is officially supported.
    >
    > Thank you for any help with answering my question.
    > Chandra

  2. Re: Concurrent multiple versions supported?

    Myk Melez wrote:
    > Chandra wrote:
    >> Does Firefox offiicially support installing multiple versions on the
    >> same machine and user_account at the same time and running them at the
    >> same time?
    >>
    >> I checked that it is possible to install multiple versions into
    >> different folders (I checked with 2.0.0.6 and 1.5.0.12), both versions
    >> seem to use the same %ApplicationData% folder to store the user
    >> preferences and web-content cache. (Is this going to cause any
    >> problems? due to compatiblity)
    >>
    >> Also, I noticed that I can first launch 1.5.0.12 first and then
    >> 2.0.0.6 next. It does not work the other way around, 2.0.0.6 gets
    >> launched each time.
    >>
    >> I just want to make sure, if this is something that is officially
    >> supported.
    >>
    >> Thank you for any help with answering my question.

    See http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/r...#d02_install_g

  3. Re: Concurrent multiple versions supported?

    Hi, I don't see how the content at the below URL is related to my question
    about supporting concurent multiple versions of Firefox on the same machine
    and user account.

    > See http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/r...#d02_install_g

  4. Re: Concurrent multiple versions supported?

    Chandra wrote:
    >> See http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/r...#d02_install_g

    > Hi, I don't see how the content at the below URL is related to my

    question
    > about supporting concurent multiple versions of Firefox on the same

    machine
    > and user account.

    Look for the content containing "MOZ_NO_REMOTE".

+ Reply to Thread