Tab Preview add-on - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Tab Preview add-on - Mozilla ; I have the Tab Preview add-on. ( http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/tabpreview/ ) Frequently when I click the X in the corner of the tab, the preview image remains (it's little) in the browser tab/window for awhile after I close the tab. The problem ...

  1. Tab Preview add-on

    I have the Tab Preview add-on.
    (http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/tabpreview/)

    Frequently when I click the X in the corner of the tab, the preview
    image remains (it's little) in the browser tab/window for awhile after I
    close the tab. The problem is that it sometimes covers what I want to
    use in the browser window. I call it a ghost tab and eventually it does
    go away.
    Here is a picture of the occurrence.
    http://upstateforums.com/userfiles//pix/ghosttab.jpg
    Anyone else have this happen?
    WinXP SP2 FF 2.0.0.6

  2. Re: Tab Preview add-on

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > I have the Tab Preview add-on.
    > (http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/tabpreview/)
    >
    > Frequently when I click the X in the corner of the tab, the preview
    > image remains (it's little) in the browser tab/window for awhile after I
    > close the tab. The problem is that it sometimes covers what I want to
    > use in the browser window. I call it a ghost tab and eventually it does
    > go away.
    > Here is a picture of the occurrence.
    > http://upstateforums.com/userfiles//pix/ghosttab.jpg
    > Anyone else have this happen?
    > WinXP SP2 FF 2.0.0.6

    No, I don't have that problem. I got rid of mine. To me it
    was a pain in the you know where. So, for you, in the
    config editor look for this entry:

    browser.tabs.tooltippreview.width

    and change the size of it. Or, if you want to get rid of
    it, then look for this one:

    browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable

    and set it to false

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Tab Preview add-on

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >> I have the Tab Preview add-on.
    >> (http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/tabpreview/)
    >>
    >> Frequently when I click the X in the corner of the tab, the preview
    >> image remains (it's little) in the browser tab/window for awhile after I
    >> close the tab. The problem is that it sometimes covers what I want to
    >> use in the browser window. I call it a ghost tab and eventually it does
    >> go away.
    >> Here is a picture of the occurrence.
    >> http://upstateforums.com/userfiles//pix/ghosttab.jpg
    >> Anyone else have this happen?
    >> WinXP SP2 FF 2.0.0.6

    > No, I don't have that problem. I got rid of mine. To me it
    > was a pain in the you know where. So, for you, in the
    > config editor look for this entry:
    >
    > browser.tabs.tooltippreview.width
    >
    > and change the size of it. Or, if you want to get rid of
    > it, then look for this one:
    >
    > browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable
    >
    > and set it to false

    I don't want to get rid of the Tab Preview add-on - I like it. If I
    wanted to get rid of it I'd uninstall it. I want the lingering ghost to
    stop lingering and just go away when I close a tab.

  4. Re: Tab Preview add-on

    Tonya Marshall wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Tonya Marshall wrote:
    >>> I have the Tab Preview add-on.
    >>> (http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/tabpreview/)
    >>>
    >>> Frequently when I click the X in the corner of the tab, the preview
    >>> image remains (it's little) in the browser tab/window for awhile after I
    >>> close the tab. The problem is that it sometimes covers what I want to
    >>> use in the browser window. I call it a ghost tab and eventually it does
    >>> go away.
    >>> Here is a picture of the occurrence.
    >>> http://upstateforums.com/userfiles//pix/ghosttab.jpg
    >>> Anyone else have this happen?
    >>> WinXP SP2 FF 2.0.0.6

    >> No, I don't have that problem. I got rid of mine. To me it
    >> was a pain in the you know where. So, for you, in the
    >> config editor look for this entry:
    >>
    >> browser.tabs.tooltippreview.width
    >>
    >> and change the size of it. Or, if you want to get rid of
    >> it, then look for this one:
    >>
    >> browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable
    >>
    >> and set it to false
    >>

    > I don't want to get rid of the Tab Preview add-on - I like it. If I
    > wanted to get rid of it I'd uninstall it. I want the lingering ghost to
    > stop lingering and just go away when I close a tab.

    sorry, I gave you the wrong set of instructions. I didn't
    read it was an extension. So, to answer you question, go
    and contact the developer of the extension:
    http://ted.mielczarek.org/

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread