Firefox 2 - when will support end? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2 - when will support end? - Mozilla ; Can anyone tell me when official support for Firefox 2 browser will end. TIA!...

  1. Firefox 2 - when will support end?

    Can anyone tell me when official support for Firefox 2 browser will end.
    TIA!

  2. Re: Firefox 2 - when will support end?

    Thunderbird Leader Aaron Maronkavitch teletyped, On 8/28/2007 1:24 PM:
    > Can anyone tell me when official support for Firefox 2 browser will
    > end. TIA!

    The Mozilla policy is 6 months after the next higher major release. So
    your best to read the Fx 3 road map to estimate it release and the
    resulting EOL of Fx 2.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted,

  3. Re: Firefox 2 - when will support end?

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Thunderbird Leader Aaron Maronkavitch teletyped, On 8/28/2007 1:24 PM:
    >> Can anyone tell me when official support for Firefox 2 browser will
    >> end. TIA!

    > The Mozilla policy is 6 months after the next higher major release. So
    > your best to read the Fx 3 road map to estimate it release and the
    > resulting EOL of Fx 2.

    a safe bet would be probably some time next year ;-)

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Firefox 2 - when will support end?

    Aaron Maronkavitch wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me when official support for Firefox 2 browser will end.
    > TIA!

    Not earlier than 6 weeks after Firefox 3 is "released". Considering that
    Firefox 3 is still at the alpha stage, and that it needs to progress from
    alpha to beta to release-candidate before a release happens, I'd say that Fx2
    still has quite some life expectancy.

    Of course, during that lifespan we can expect several more "security and
    bugfix releases" to Fx2, which is currently at 2.0.0.6 with a 2.0.0.7pre in
    beta. As a point of comparison, Fx 1.5 is currently at version 1.5.0.12 with
    1.5.0.13pre in beta (or maybe RC), and it hasn't yet been dropped. It _is_ on
    the downhill slope, though, since the day Fx2 came out.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Chaste makes waste.