Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile - Mozilla ; My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks. -- lafill No, ...

  1. Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    --
    lafill

    No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical.

    Niels Bohr,physicist (1885-1962)

    Courtesy of A.Word.A.Day at, http://wordsmith.org/awad/

  2. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    lafill wrote:
    > My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the
    > files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB
    > works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks.

    perhaps you created a TB profile under the FF one. Close
    TB, then click on the windows start button, then run, and enter:

    thunderbird.exe -p

    this will bring up the TB profile manager. How many
    profiles do you see? If more than one, take a look at them
    and see where they are located.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    On 8/27/2007 3:12 PM, lafill wrote:
    > My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the
    > files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB
    > works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks.

    Did you switch from Mozilla or Seamonkey to FF & TB?

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > lafill wrote:
    >> My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the
    >> files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB
    >> works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks.
    >>

    > perhaps you created a TB profile under the FF one. Close
    > TB, then click on the windows start button, then run, and enter:
    >
    > thunderbird.exe -p
    >
    > this will bring up the TB profile manager. How many
    > profiles do you see? If more than one, take a look at them
    > and see where they are located.

    Nope. There is only one profile in profile manager.

  5. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/27/2007 3:12 PM, lafill wrote:
    >> My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the
    >> files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB
    >> works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks.
    >>

    > Did you switch from Mozilla or Seamonkey to FF & TB?

    Nope. I deleted Mozilla when FF and TB came out and been with them only
    ever since.

  6. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    lafill wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 8/27/2007 3:12 PM, lafill wrote:
    >>> My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the
    >>> files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB
    >>> works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Did you switch from Mozilla or Seamonkey to FF & TB?
    >>

    > Nope. I deleted Mozilla when FF and TB came out and been with them only
    > ever since.

    Correction. I had Mozilla's Netscape.

  7. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    lafill wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> lafill wrote:
    >>> My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the
    >>> files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB
    >>> works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> perhaps you created a TB profile under the FF one. Close
    >> TB, then click on the windows start button, then run, and enter:
    >>
    >> thunderbird.exe -p
    >>
    >> this will bring up the TB profile manager. How many
    >> profiles do you see? If more than one, take a look at them
    >> and see where they are located.
    >>

    > Nope. There is only one profile in profile manager.

    Clarification. The folders and files are in my TB profile as they
    should be.

  8. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    lafill wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> lafill wrote:
    >>> My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the
    >>> files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB
    >>> works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> perhaps you created a TB profile under the FF one. Close
    >> TB, then click on the windows start button, then run, and enter:
    >>
    >> thunderbird.exe -p
    >>
    >> this will bring up the TB profile manager. How many
    >> profiles do you see? If more than one, take a look at them
    >> and see where they are located.
    >>

    > Nope. There is only one profile in profile manager.

    OK, then open TB, and click on Tools, Account Settings,
    click on Local Folder, and you will see on the right, a line
    that says Local Directory. This is the approximate location
    of that profile. Is it located within the FF profile?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > lafill wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> perhaps you created a TB profile under the FF one. Close
    >>> TB, then click on the windows start button, then run, and enter:
    >>>
    >>> thunderbird.exe -p
    >>>
    >>> this will bring up the TB profile manager. How many
    >>> profiles do you see? If more than one, take a look at them
    >>> and see where they are located.
    >>>

    >> Nope. There is only one profile in profile manager.

    > OK, then open TB, and click on Tools, Account Settings,
    > click on Local Folder, and you will see on the right, a line
    > that says Local Directory. This is the approximate location
    > of that profile. Is it located within the FF profile?

    No. It's in the TB profile.

  10. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    On 8/27/2007 4:29 PM, lafill wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 8/27/2007 3:12 PM, lafill wrote:
    >>> My FF profile contains some the TB folders --- Mail and News and the
    >>> files abook.mab panacea.dat and training.dat. Everything in FF and TB
    >>> works fine but why do they appear and can they be deleted? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Did you switch from Mozilla or Seamonkey to FF & TB?
    >>

    > Nope. I deleted Mozilla when FF and TB came out and been with them only
    > ever since.

    Did you delete the Mozilla profile when you deleted Mozilla?
    Did you create a new profiles for FF when you installed it or did it
    "pick up" information from your old Mozilla profile?

    The safest thing for you to do is to create a new FF profile and move
    data from your old one (bookmarks, passwords, etc.). See:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferri...file_-_Firefox

    --
    Irwin

  11. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/27/2007 4:29 PM, lafill wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Did you switch from Mozilla or Seamonkey to FF & TB?
    >>>

    >> Nope. I deleted Mozilla when FF and TB came out and been with them only
    >> ever since.

    > Did you delete the Mozilla profile when you deleted Mozilla?
    > Did you create a new profiles for FF when you installed it or did it
    > "pick up" information from your old Mozilla profile?
    >
    > The safest thing for you to do is to create a new FF profile and move
    > data from your old one (bookmarks, passwords, etc.). See:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferri...file_-_Firefox

    Thanks. I'll try it in the morning when my 80yr old brain is fresher
    and I'm feeling more courageous.

  12. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/27/2007 4:29 PM, lafill wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Did you switch from Mozilla or Seamonkey to FF & TB?
    >>>

    >> Nope. I deleted Mozilla when FF and TB came out and been with them only
    >> ever since.

    > Did you delete the Mozilla profile when you deleted Mozilla?
    > Did you create a new profiles for FF when you installed it or did it
    > "pick up" information from your old Mozilla profile?
    >
    > The safest thing for you to do is to create a new FF profile and move
    > data from your old one (bookmarks, passwords, etc.). See:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferri...file_-_Firefox

    I created a new profile and moved the data from the old one. It all
    works well now with the new profile without the stuff from TB in it. I
    also learned how to do something new for me. Thanks, Irwin

    lafill

  13. Re: Xtra Folders and Files in FF Profile

    On 8/28/2007 10:10 AM, lafill wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Nope. I deleted Mozilla when FF and TB came out and been with them only
    >>> ever since.

    >> Did you delete the Mozilla profile when you deleted Mozilla?
    >> Did you create a new profiles for FF when you installed it or did it
    >> "pick up" information from your old Mozilla profile?
    >>
    >> The safest thing for you to do is to create a new FF profile and move
    >> data from your old one (bookmarks, passwords, etc.). See:
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferri...file_-_Firefox
    >>

    > I created a new profile and moved the data from the old one. It all
    > works well now with the new profile without the stuff from TB in it. I
    > also learned how to do something new for me. Thanks, Irwin
    >
    > lafill

    Glad it worked for you!

    --
    Irwin