Combining toolbars?? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Combining toolbars?? - Mozilla ; Can anyone tell me how to combine (concatenate?) toolbars on Firefox?? I have a wide screen and would like to save space by putting several short toolbars end to end - can I do it??...

  1. Combining toolbars??

    Can anyone tell me how to combine (concatenate?) toolbars on
    Firefox?? I have a wide screen and would like to save space by
    putting several short toolbars end to end - can I do it??

  2. Re: Combining toolbars??

    On 8/27/2007 11:47 AM, modelahead@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to combine (concatenate?) toolbars on
    > Firefox?? I have a wide screen and would like to save space by
    > putting several short toolbars end to end - can I do it??

    Right click on a toolbar, then click on customize. Move entries around
    as you wish, then click on "done" in the big box.

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: Combining toolbars??

    modelahead@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to combine (concatenate?) toolbars on
    > Firefox?? I have a wide screen and would like to save space by
    > putting several short toolbars end to end - can I do it??

    right-click on a vacant area on a toolbar (any of them). Then you can
    drag and drop the icons as you wish. Note that you can't get rid of the
    menubar, but you CAN drag other things to it. If you have enough room,
    you might be able to put everything on the Menubar, and not display the
    others. There is also an extension with will allow you to move all the
    menus to a dropdown with cascading options. You should be able to
    reduce the whole menu and toolbar entries to a single line, freeing
    quite a bit of screen space.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  4. Re: Combining toolbars??

    On Aug 28, 1:17 am, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > modelah...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Can anyone tell me how to combine (concatenate?) toolbars on
    > > Firefox?? I have a wide screen and would like to save space by
    > > putting several short toolbars end to end - can I do it??

    > right-click on a vacant area on a toolbar (any of them). Then you can
    > drag and drop the icons as you wish. Note that you can't get rid of the
    > menubar, but you CAN drag other things to it. If you have enough room,
    > you might be able to put everything on the Menubar, and not display the
    > others. There is also an extension with will allow you to move all the
    > menus to a dropdown with cascading options. You should be able to
    > reduce the whole menu and toolbar entries to a single line, freeing
    > quite a bit of screen space.
    >
    > --
    > Ron Hunter rphun...@charter.net

    Sorry - I plead stupid - i see how to use the "customize" option to
    change menus - what I want to do is, e.g. remove a menubar that is say
    two inches long - the rest being vacant space - and put it on another
    uncrowded line to save vertical space. What I can't seem to figure
    out is how to move those icons - they dont appear in the "customize"
    box and I cant seem to drag them to drop - make any sense to you??I
    found an add-on that lets me unlock toolbars but I can then only move
    them a whole line at a time.

    APZ

  5. Re: Combining toolbars??

    On 8/28/2007 11:59 AM, modelahead@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 28, 1:17 am, Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> modelah...@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> Can anyone tell me how to combine (concatenate?) toolbars on
    >>> Firefox?? I have a wide screen and would like to save space by
    >>> putting several short toolbars end to end - can I do it??

    >> right-click on a vacant area on a toolbar (any of them). Then you can
    >> drag and drop the icons as you wish. Note that you can't get rid of the
    >> menubar, but you CAN drag other things to it. If you have enough room,
    >> you might be able to put everything on the Menubar, and not display the
    >> others. There is also an extension with will allow you to move all the
    >> menus to a dropdown with cascading options. You should be able to
    >> reduce the whole menu and toolbar entries to a single line, freeing
    >> quite a bit of screen space.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ron Hunter rphun...@charter.net

    > Sorry - I plead stupid - i see how to use the "customize" option to
    > change menus - what I want to do is, e.g. remove a menubar that is say
    > two inches long - the rest being vacant space - and put it on another
    > uncrowded line to save vertical space. What I can't seem to figure
    > out is how to move those icons - they dont appear in the "customize"
    > box and I cant seem to drag them to drop - make any sense to you??I
    > found an add-on that lets me unlock toolbars but I can then only move
    > them a whole line at a time.
    >
    > APZ

    You can't move the toolbars as units, but when you right click a toolbar
    you will get a customize option which opens a buttons window. When that
    window is open, you can move the individual icons from one toolbar to
    the other. You could use that to move all the individual icons onto one
    toolbar. Once you do that click the "Done" button at the bottom of the
    buttons window. Then right click on the toolbars again and uncheck the
    toolbar that you cleared of icons to close it.

    Dave Pyles

  6. Re: Combining toolbars??

    On Aug 28, 9:28 am, David Pyles wrote:
    > On 8/28/2007 11:59 AM, modelah...@gmail.com wrote:

    > >> right-click on a vacant area on a toolbar (any of them). Then you can
    > >> drag and drop the icons as you wish. Note that you can't get rid of the
    > >> menubar, but you CAN drag other things to it. If you have enough room,
    > >> you might be able to put everything on the Menubar, and not display the
    > >> others. There is also an extension with will allow you to move all the
    > >> menus to a dropdown with cascading options. You should be able to
    > >> reduce the whole menu and toolbar entries to a single line, freeing
    > >> quite a bit of screen space.

    > >> --
    > >> Ron Hunter rphun...@charter.net

    > > Sorry - I plead stupid - i see how to use the "customize" option to
    > > change menus - what I want to do is, e.g. remove a menubar that is say
    > > two inches long - the rest being vacant space - and put it on another
    > > uncrowded line to save vertical space. What I can't seem to figure
    > > out is how to move those icons - they dont appear in the "customize"
    > > box and I cant seem to drag them to drop - make any sense to you??I
    > > found an add-on that lets me unlock toolbars but I can then only move
    > > them a whole line at a time.

    > > APZ

    > You can't move the toolbars as units, but when you right click a toolbar
    > you will get a customize option which opens a buttons window. When that
    > window is open, you can move the individual icons from one toolbar to
    > the other. You could use that to move all the individual icons onto one
    > toolbar. Once you do that click the "Done" button at the bottom of the
    > buttons window. Then right click on the toolbars again and uncheck the
    > toolbar that you cleared of icons to close it.
    >
    > Dave Pyles

    Dave - I copy - but it doesn't seem to work on my Intel iMac that way
    with the toolbars I got (e.g. stumble) - when I do it I get ouline
    boxes to move but not the items themselves.

    APZ

  7. Re: Combining toolbars??

    On 8/28/2007 12:36 PM, modelahead@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 28, 9:28 am, David Pyles wrote:

    >>> Sorry - I plead stupid - i see how to use the "customize" option to
    >>> change menus - what I want to do is, e.g. remove a menubar that is say
    >>> two inches long - the rest being vacant space - and put it on another
    >>> uncrowded line to save vertical space. What I can't seem to figure
    >>> out is how to move those icons - they dont appear in the "customize"
    >>> box and I cant seem to drag them to drop - make any sense to you??I
    >>> found an add-on that lets me unlock toolbars but I can then only move
    >>> them a whole line at a time.
    >>> APZ

    >> You can't move the toolbars as units, but when you right click a toolbar
    >> you will get a customize option which opens a buttons window. When that
    >> window is open, you can move the individual icons from one toolbar to
    >> the other. You could use that to move all the individual icons onto one
    >> toolbar. Once you do that click the "Done" button at the bottom of the
    >> buttons window. Then right click on the toolbars again and uncheck the
    >> toolbar that you cleared of icons to close it.
    >>
    >> Dave Pyles

    > Dave - I copy - but it doesn't seem to work on my Intel iMac that way
    > with the toolbars I got (e.g. stumble) - when I do it I get ouline
    > boxes to move but not the items themselves.
    >

    > APZ

    It may be different on the Mac. Maybe one of the folks who use the Mac
    version for the program will step up to help.

    Dave

  8. Re: Combining toolbars??

    On Aug 28, 2:53 pm, David Pyles wrote:
    > On 8/28/2007 12:36 PM, modelah...@gmail.com wrote:

    > >> You can't move the toolbars as units, but when you right click a toolbar
    > >> you will get a customize option which opens a buttons window. When that
    > >> window is open, you can move the individual icons from one toolbar to
    > >> the other. You could use that to move all the individual icons onto one
    > >> toolbar. Once you do that click the "Done" button at the bottom of the
    > >> buttons window. Then right click on the toolbars again and uncheck the
    > >> toolbar that you cleared of icons to close it.

    > >> Dave Pyles

    > > Dave - I copy - but it doesn't seem to work on my Intel iMac that way
    > > with the toolbars I got (e.g. stumble) - when I do it I get ouline
    > > boxes to move but not the items themselves.

    > > APZ

    > It may be different on the Mac. Maybe one of the folks who use the Mac
    > version for the program will step up to help.
    >
    > Dave

    Figured it out - I might of had an incompatible add-on but by adding
    them one by one - it worked - of course - just as you said - thank
    you!

    APZ

+ Reply to Thread