Firefox 2.0.0.6 & Vista - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.0.0.6 & Vista - Mozilla ; A friend of mine is running Vista on a laptop and wants to know whether there are still any compatibility issues between Vista and Firefox 2.0.0.6. One of the reasons she wishes to install FF is to use the CustomizeGoogle ...

  1. Firefox 2.0.0.6 & Vista

    A friend of mine is running Vista on a laptop and wants to know whether
    there are still any compatibility issues between Vista and Firefox 2.0.0.6.

    One of the reasons she wishes to install FF is to use the
    CustomizeGoogle add-on, and avoid having ads in her Gmail.

    She is reluctant to make any risky changes since she will be in Japan
    until Christmas and would find it very difficult to get things sorted
    out if they do go wrong. She is heavily dependent on the laptop.

    Thanks for any input.

    Roger

  2. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 & Vista

    "Roger" ...
    >A friend of mine is running Vista on a laptop and wants to know whether
    >there are still any compatibility issues between Vista and Firefox 2.0.0.6.
    >
    > One of the reasons she wishes to install FF is to use the CustomizeGoogle
    > add-on, and avoid having ads in her Gmail.
    >
    > She is reluctant to make any risky changes since she will be in Japan
    > until Christmas and would find it very difficult to get things sorted out
    > if they do go wrong. She is heavily dependent on the laptop.

    I would help a lot to learn how to install another profile, but your
    bookmarks and passwords are in your profile, but at least it should
    be sufficient to run anything in either profile.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm
    Also how to install and disable an extension.

    Never had any problems with Customize Google and don't think
    I've seen anything in this newsgroup about problems with it. Of
    course extensions often have their own newsgroup or reporting.
    You would want to install Adblock Plus as well.

    I am running Firefox on Vista and I copied my profile over from
    Windows 2000 via a external hard drive no problems. I had a
    hard time getting used to Vista like for two weeks.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/vista/vista.htm
    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  3. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 & Vista

    Running under Vista. No problems.

  4. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.6 & Vista

    Thanks David and Giedrius for your reassurances. I'll inform my friend.

    Roger

+ Reply to Thread