Internet Options - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Internet Options - Mozilla ; I was given instructions for changing my internet options for IE to solve a problem with accessing a page but they don't seem to be easily transfered to Firefox. My three changes are: Custom Level Option- Active Script should be ...

  1. Internet Options

    I was given instructions for changing my internet options for IE to
    solve a problem with accessing a page but they don't seem to be easily
    transfered to Firefox. My three changes are: Custom Level Option-
    Active Script should be enabled, Content Tab-Advisor should be on
    "Enable", and Privacy Tab set to Medium-High. Does anyone know what
    the settings in Firefox should be?

    Thanks

    remdog

  2. Re: Internet Options

    >I was given instructions for changing my internet options for IE to
    > solve a problem with accessing a page but they don't seem to be easily
    > transfered to Firefox. My three changes are: Custom Level Option-
    > Active Script should be enabled, Content Tab-Advisor should be on
    > "Enable", and Privacy Tab set to Medium-High. Does anyone know what
    > the settings in Firefox should be? // remdog

    Hi "remdog",
    There is no equivalent in Firefox for Active Script (Active-X), which was
    pushed for many years by Microsoft but is generally considered unsafe, and
    even
    Microsoft dropped it from IE7 defaults. Active-X allows any program
    to be invoked from your browser and is an easy entry point for viruses.

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  3. Re: Internet Options

    rchelini@sbcglobal.net wrote in
    news:1188102890.660113.147320@r34g2000hsd.googlegr oups.com:

    > I was given instructions for changing my internet options for
    > IE to solve a problem with accessing a page but they don't
    > seem to be easily transfered to Firefox. My three changes
    > are: Custom Level Option- Active Script should be enabled,
    > Content Tab-Advisor should be on "Enable", and Privacy Tab set
    > to Medium-High. Does anyone know what the settings in Firefox
    > should be?

    Those settings can only apply to Internet Exploder, because they
    tweak IE's inherent security flaws. FireFox does not have those
    flaws, so there's no way to tweak them.

    If you're having problems accessing a page, describe the problem,
    and give us the URL for the page.

    --
    Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
    Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird/Seamonkey solutions: http://ilias.ca/

    "A live body and a dead body contain the same number of
    particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life
    and death are unquantifiable abstract labels placed on otherwise
    similar bodies. " Alan Moore, WATCHMEN, DC comics

+ Reply to Thread