Firebug installed correctly? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firebug installed correctly? - Mozilla ; Hi, I ran into some problems installing Firebug, so I wonder whether I've got the Firebug add-in installed correctly. I ask because I had encountered problems installing it. The Firebug and DOM Inspector windows open with content that looks sensible ...

  1. Firebug installed correctly?

    Hi,

    I ran into some problems installing Firebug, so I wonder whether I've
    got the Firebug add-in installed correctly. I ask because I had
    encountered problems installing it.

    The Firebug and DOM Inspector windows open with content that looks
    sensible to me.

    Below are the details:

    Thanks in Advance,
    Richard

    (1) My Tools menu shows:

    Tools:
    Web Search Ctrl+K
    Downloads Ctrl+J
    Add-ons
    PDF Download - Options
    Firebug
    Error Console
    DOM Inspector Ctrl+Shift+I
    Page Info
    Clear Private Data... Ctrl+Shift+Del
    Options...
    View formatted source

    Tools | Firebug shows:
    Open Firebug
    Open Firebug in New Window
    Disable Firebug
    Disable Firebug for groups.google.com
    Allowed Sites...
    Inspect Element Ctrl+Shift+C
    Profile JavaScript Ctrl+Shift+P
    Clear Console
    Command Line Ctrl+Shift+L
    Search Ctrl+Shift+K

    (2) My browser, OS and authoring software are

    - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/
    20061010 Firefox/2.0
    - WinXP/SP2 (with all relevant updates from Windows Update.
    - Aptana 0.2.8

    (3) Problem installing Firebug, ultimately solved:

    I tried to install the Firebug add-on, but was warned that it couldn't
    find the DOM-Inspector. The message suggested that problem might be a
    consequence of my updating Firefox to 2.0 from 1.5 (which was the
    case). The re-install appears to have gone smoothly.

  2. Re: Firebug installed correctly?

    RichardOnRails wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I ran into some problems installing Firebug, so I wonder whether I've
    > got the Firebug add-in installed correctly. I ask because I had
    > encountered problems installing it.
    >
    > The Firebug and DOM Inspector windows open with content that looks
    > sensible to me.
    >
    > Below are the details:
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Richard
    >
    > (1) My Tools menu shows:
    >
    > Tools:
    > Web Search Ctrl+K
    > Downloads Ctrl+J
    > Add-ons
    > PDF Download - Options
    > Firebug
    > Error Console
    > DOM Inspector Ctrl+Shift+I
    > Page Info
    > Clear Private Data... Ctrl+Shift+Del
    > Options...
    > View formatted source
    >
    > Tools | Firebug shows:
    > Open Firebug
    > Open Firebug in New Window
    > Disable Firebug
    > Disable Firebug for groups.google.com
    > Allowed Sites...
    > Inspect Element Ctrl+Shift+C
    > Profile JavaScript Ctrl+Shift+P
    > Clear Console
    > Command Line Ctrl+Shift+L
    > Search Ctrl+Shift+K
    >
    > (2) My browser, OS and authoring software are
    >
    > - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/
    > 20061010 Firefox/2.0
    > - WinXP/SP2 (with all relevant updates from Windows Update.
    > - Aptana 0.2.8
    >
    > (3) Problem installing Firebug, ultimately solved:
    >
    > I tried to install the Firebug add-on, but was warned that it couldn't
    > find the DOM-Inspector. The message suggested that problem might be a
    > consequence of my updating Firefox to 2.0 from 1.5 (which was the
    > case). The re-install appears to have gone smoothly.

    I don't know, but you can look at their documentation:
    http://www.getfirebug.com/, or why don't you ask them
    yourself: http://groups.google.com/group/firebug

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Firebug installed correctly?

    On Aug 25, 6:45 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    wrote:
    > RichardOnRails wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I ran into some problems installing Firebug, so I wonder whether I've
    > > got the Firebug add-in installed correctly. I ask because I had
    > > encountered problems installing it.

    > > The Firebug and DOM Inspector windows open with content that looks
    > > sensible to me.

    > > Below are the details:

    > > Thanks in Advance,
    > > Richard

    > > (1) My Tools menu shows:

    > > Tools:
    > > Web Search Ctrl+K
    > > Downloads Ctrl+J
    > > Add-ons
    > > PDF Download - Options
    > > Firebug
    > > Error Console
    > > DOM Inspector Ctrl+Shift+I
    > > Page Info
    > > Clear Private Data... Ctrl+Shift+Del
    > > Options...
    > > View formatted source

    > > Tools | Firebug shows:
    > > Open Firebug
    > > Open Firebug in New Window
    > > Disable Firebug
    > > Disable Firebug for groups.google.com
    > > Allowed Sites...
    > > Inspect Element Ctrl+Shift+C
    > > Profile JavaScript Ctrl+Shift+P
    > > Clear Console
    > > Command Line Ctrl+Shift+L
    > > Search Ctrl+Shift+K

    > > (2) My browser, OS and authoring software are

    > > - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/
    > > 20061010 Firefox/2.0
    > > - WinXP/SP2 (with all relevant updates from Windows Update.
    > > - Aptana 0.2.8

    > > (3) Problem installing Firebug, ultimately solved:

    > > I tried to install the Firebug add-on, but was warned that it couldn't
    > > find the DOM-Inspector. The message suggested that problem might be a
    > > consequence of my updating Firefox to 2.0 from 1.5 (which was the
    > > case). The re-install appears to have gone smoothly.

    > I don't know, but you can look at their documentation:http://www.getfirebug.com/, or why don't you ask them
    > yourself:http://groups.google.com/group/firebug
    >
    > --
    > Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
    > only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
    > or Reply to Author. Thanks!
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for your response.

    > I don't know, but you can look at their documentation:

    http://www.getfirebug.com/

    I'm reviewing their docs right now to learn how to use Firebug.

    > or why don't you ask them yourself:

    http://groups.google.com/group/firebug

    Woops. That's what I thought I was posting to. I will post over
    there now.

    Again, thanks .... especially for pointing out my oversight.

    Best wishes,
    Richard

+ Reply to Thread