Re: Firefox unable to access specific site - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Firefox unable to access specific site - Mozilla ; "Peter Grainge" wrote in news:BqydnRRm9vFQRFLbnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@mozilla.org: > I provide a lot of support on the Adobe RoboHelp forum. I > received emails telling me of the users problem and in that > email there is a URL to the webpost. > ...

  1. Re: Firefox unable to access specific site

    "Peter Grainge" wrote in

    > I provide a lot of support on the Adobe RoboHelp forum. I
    > received emails telling me of the users problem and in that
    > email there is a URL to the webpost.
    >
    > If I use the Firefox installation on a specific PC, whenever I
    > click those links I get an error as below.

    > The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected
    > error. Please contact the website administrator.
    > Error Occurred While Processing Request
    > An exception occurred when executing method decrypt.
    > The cause of this exception was that:
    > javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException: given ciphertext
    > possibly not encrypted text.
    >
    > Looked at alone, you would think it is something to do with
    > Adobe's URLs which are in this format
    >
    > http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforu...ageview.cfm?ca
    > tid=451&threadid=1295313&forumid=65
    >
    > ... but it is not that. Two reasons, first they work just fine
    > in Firefox for everyone else and on my office PC. More
    > importantly though I have Firefox on a U3 memory stick and if
    > I open that version of Firefox first, the link uses that
    > version and works just fine, on the same PC.
    >
    > I uninstalled and reinstalled but Firefox clearly found my
    > settings and it made no difference. Then I uninstalled and
    > reinstalled after deleting the folders in Local Settings. That
    > made a difference as my bookmarks were lost (not an issue) and
    > the links then worked for a while. The problem started again
    > so I repeated the process and now it lasts just until I
    > reboot.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone please?

    Try the usual first aid: clear your cache, and delete any cookies
    related to the site. REstart FF and try the site again.

    --
    Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
    Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird/Seamonkey solutions: http://ilias.ca/

    All things come to him who waits... As long as he works like
    hell while he waits.

  2. Re: Firefox unable to access specific site

    Thank you. Clearing the cache did nothing but clearing the cookies seems to
    have fixed it.

    I am grateful.

  3. Re: Firefox unable to access specific site

    Peter Grainge wrote:
    > Thank you. Clearing the cache did nothing but clearing the cookies seems to
    > have fixed it.
    >
    > I am grateful.

    Re: clearing cookies. I have FF set to clear all cookies, history, etc.
    on closing except for specific sites which I have to authorize first.
    As a Realtor I keep cookies such as my MLS, Research Database sites,
    etc. All others go away when FF is closed.

    James

  4. Re: Firefox unable to access specific site

    James wrote in news:46D19670.4000702@9b01.com:

    > Peter Grainge wrote:
    >> Thank you. Clearing the cache did nothing but clearing the
    >> cookies seems to have fixed it.
    >>
    >> I am grateful.
    >>

    > Re: clearing cookies. I have FF set to clear all cookies,
    > history, etc. on closing except for specific sites which I
    > have to authorize first. As a Realtor I keep cookies such as
    > my MLS, Research Database sites, etc. All others go away when
    > FF is closed.

    That's completely irrelevant to this discussion.

    Note that I did not tell him to simply delete cookies; he was
    directed to delete the cookies SPECIFIC TO THE WEBSITE in question.
    Those are the very cookies you're keeping, and the ones that can
    cause problems signing into such a site from time to time.

    Sometimes cookies can become corrupt, or the website could have a
    glitch causing it to mis-read a cookie it set earlier. Removing
    the cookie causes a new, clean, and compatible cookie to be set.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    Above all things, revere yourself.