IE Tab addon doesn't appear in the tab group - Mozilla

This is a discussion on IE Tab addon doesn't appear in the tab group - Mozilla ; Some of my addons refuse to install. They do not appear in the tab group of choice regardless of how many times I try to re install them. The most important for me is the IE tab. It won't be ...

  1. IE Tab addon doesn't appear in the tab group

    Some of my addons refuse to install. They do not appear in the tab
    group of choice regardless of how many times I try to re install them.
    The most important for me is the IE tab. It won't be found...

  2. Re: IE Tab addon doesn't appear in the tab group

    > Some of my addons refuse to install. They do not appear in the tab
    > group of choice regardless of how many times I try to re install them.
    > The most important for me is the IE tab. It won't be found...

    Much better description, and a problem often encountered after installing
    a lot of extensions, or after upgrading Firefox.

    If you have problems with other extensions, toolbars, bookmarks you
    might have a corrupted localstore.rdf file in your profile, the
    fix is to remove it, which can be easily done in Safe Mode, but
    you will lose your toolbar customizations so you should take a
    picture of your toolbars first so you can use View, toolbars, customize
    to put them back as you want them later.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf

    And you go into your profile to delete localstore.rdf you
    might as well also delete these additional files also mentioned by
    Nir and by EE many times, and unlike localstore.rdf which
    makes you rebuild your toolbars, these aren't bad at all.

    The problem might be just with the extension indexing getting corrupted.
    Try exiting Firefox and removing these files from the profile:
    extensions.cache
    extensions.ini
    extensions.rdf
    Firefox will then rebuild them the next time it is started.

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,