How do I import my bookmarks from IE? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How do I import my bookmarks from IE? - Mozilla ; I'm new to Mozilla, and I'm wanting to know how can I import all my bookmarks from IE, over to Firefox?...

  1. How do I import my bookmarks from IE?

    I'm new to Mozilla, and I'm wanting to know how can I import all my
    bookmarks from IE, over to Firefox?

  2. Re: How do I import my bookmarks from IE?

    CEREBRUS453@gmail.com explained on 24/08/2007 :
    > I'm new to Mozilla, and I'm wanting to know how can I import all my
    > bookmarks from IE, over to Firefox?

    Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks > File > Import, then select IE.

    --
    Simon

  3. Re: How do I import my bookmarks from IE?

    CEREBRUS453@gmail.com wrote in news:1187968199.718479.247300
    @i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

    > I'm new to Mozilla, and I'm wanting to know how can I import all my
    > bookmarks from IE, over to Firefox?

    File | Import

  4. Re: How do I import my bookmarks from IE?

    "Simon D" wrote in message
    > CEREBRUS453@gmail.com explained on 24/08/2007 :
    >> I'm new to Mozilla, and I'm wanting to know how can I import all my
    >> bookmarks from IE, over to Firefox?

    > Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks > File > Import, then select IE.

    Hi Cerebrus,
    This should actually have been done for you when you installed Firefox.
    You might want to check your bookmarks.html file (Ctrl+B) on Firefox to see
    if you have a folder named something like "IE" or "Internet Explorer"
    and your personal bookmarks toolbar in Firefox is "Personal Toolbar Folder"
    and in Internet Explorer it was Links toolbar, so look for "Links" folder in
    IE Favorites or within the imported IE folder in Firefox.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  5. Re: How do I import my bookmarks from IE?

    kDonovan wrote:
    > CEREBRUS453@gmail.com wrote in news:1187968199.718479.247300
    > @i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> I'm new to Mozilla, and I'm wanting to know how can I import all my
    >> bookmarks from IE, over to Firefox?
    >>

    > File | Import

    The best way is to export Favorites from IE, then import the
    bookmark.html file into Firefox.

  6. Re: How do I import my bookmarks from IE?

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:09:59 -0700, CEREBRUS453@gmail.com had a flock
    of green cheek conures squawk out:

    >I'm new to Mozilla, and I'm wanting to know how can I import all my
    >bookmarks from IE, over to Firefox?

    Get the addon: PlainOldFavorites. It'll put the ie favorites in the
    menu bar for access.

    Stephen