What is wrong? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on What is wrong? - Mozilla ; When using the link (pseudo) bellow, the browser correctly receives a xml file in return, as expected : http://xxxxxx.com/?UserID=myself&Location=Florida However, if I use Firefox it doesn't. Firefox displays the following message at the header (With Grayed backgroud) " This XML ...

  1. What is wrong?

    When using the link (pseudo) bellow, the browser correctly receives a
    xml file in return, as expected :

    http://xxxxxx.com/?UserID=myself&Location=Florida

    However, if I use Firefox it doesn't. Firefox displays the following
    message at the header (With Grayed backgroud)

    " This XML file does not appear to have any style information
    associated with it. The document tree is shown below"

    and then, at the body: "Invalid UserID" which is
    generated by the application, if the user cannot be authenticated.

    BTW, The XML is generated by code and does NOT have (or uses) any
    style info associated with it. But it works fine with the other
    browser. ???!!!!

    Does someone knows how to fix it?

    Thanks

  2. Re: What is wrong?

    I want to add that the company is using a proxy server but the
    configuration settings are the same like in the other browser.

  3. Re: What is wrong?

    csbjunior@gmail.com wrote:
    > When using the link (pseudo) bellow, the browser correctly receives a
    > xml file in return, as expected :
    >
    > http://xxxxxx.com/?UserID=myself&Location=Florida
    >
    > However, if I use Firefox it doesn't. Firefox displays the following
    > message at the header (With Grayed backgroud)
    >
    > " This XML file does not appear to have any style information
    > associated with it. The document tree is shown below"
    >
    > and then, at the body: "Invalid UserID" which is
    > generated by the application, if the user cannot be authenticated.
    >
    > BTW, The XML is generated by code and does NOT have (or uses) any
    > style info associated with it. But it works fine with the other
    > browser. ???!!!!
    >
    > Does someone knows how to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks

    XML files should have an accompanying stylesheet to specify how the page
    should be displayed. I guess that one did not?

  4. Re: What is wrong?

    On 8/24/2007 6:24 AM, csbjunior@gmail.com wrote:
    > When using the link (pseudo) bellow, the browser correctly receives a
    > xml file in return, as expected :
    >
    > http://xxxxxx.com/?UserID=myself&Location=Florida
    >
    > However, if I use Firefox it doesn't. Firefox displays the following
    > message at the header (With Grayed backgroud)
    >
    > " This XML file does not appear to have any style information
    > associated with it. The document tree is shown below"
    >
    > and then, at the body: "Invalid UserID" which is
    > generated by the application, if the user cannot be authenticated.
    >
    > BTW, The XML is generated by code and does NOT have (or uses) any
    > style info associated with it. But it works fine with the other
    > browser. ???!!!!
    >
    > Does someone knows how to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks

    Site works fine here. Source indicates it is text/html. Perhaps it's
    changed since you tried?

    --
    Irwin

  5. Re: What is wrong?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/24/2007 6:24 AM, csbjunior@gmail.com wrote:
    >> When using the link (pseudo) bellow, the browser correctly receives a
    >> xml file in return, as expected :
    >>
    >> http://xxxxxx.com/?UserID=myself&Location=Florida
    >>
    >> However, if I use Firefox it doesn't. Firefox displays the following
    >> message at the header (With Grayed backgroud)
    >>
    >> " This XML file does not appear to have any style information
    >> associated with it. The document tree is shown below"
    >>
    >> and then, at the body: "Invalid UserID" which is
    >> generated by the application, if the user cannot be authenticated.
    >>
    >> BTW, The XML is generated by code and does NOT have (or uses) any
    >> style info associated with it. But it works fine with the other
    >> browser. ???!!!!
    >>
    >> Does someone knows how to fix it?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Site works fine here. Source indicates it is text/html. Perhaps it's
    > changed since you tried?

    eh? what kind of medication are you on Irwin? Its a fake URL.

  6. Re: What is wrong?

    On 8/25/2007 11:12 PM, kes wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> On 8/24/2007 6:24 AM, csbjunior@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> When using the link (pseudo) bellow, the browser correctly receives a
    >>> xml file in return, as expected :
    >>>
    >>> http://xxxxxx.com/?UserID=myself&Location=Florida
    >>>
    >>> However, if I use Firefox it doesn't. Firefox displays the following
    >>> message at the header (With Grayed backgroud)
    >>>
    >>> " This XML file does not appear to have any style information
    >>> associated with it. The document tree is shown below"
    >>>
    >>> and then, at the body: "Invalid UserID" which is
    >>> generated by the application, if the user cannot be authenticated.
    >>>
    >>> BTW, The XML is generated by code and does NOT have (or uses) any
    >>> style info associated with it. But it works fine with the other
    >>> browser. ???!!!!
    >>>
    >>> Does someone knows how to fix it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >> Site works fine here. Source indicates it is text/html. Perhaps it's
    >> changed since you tried?
    >>

    > eh? what kind of medication are you on Irwin? Its a fake URL.

    Really? Have you tried clicking on it. It's a *very real* porno site.

    --
    Irwin

  7. Re: What is wrong?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 8/25/2007 11:12 PM, kes wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Site works fine here. Source indicates it is text/html. Perhaps
    >>> it's changed since you tried?
    >>>

    >> eh? what kind of medication are you on Irwin? Its a fake URL.

    > Really? Have you tried clicking on it. It's a *very real* porno site.

    When the OP says
    > When using the link (pseudo) bellow

    I assume he deleted the *real* domain and typed an arbitrary number of x's.

    The fact that you clicked on on a domain with xxx's and got to a porn
    site does not surprise me - BUT IT IS BESIDE THE POINT (and irrelevant
    to the question at hand)

  8. Re: What is wrong?

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 06:24:37 -0700, in message <1187961877.867579.231430@z24g2000prh.googlegroups. com>,
    csbjunior@gmail.com wrote:

    > When using the link (pseudo) bellow, the browser correctly receives a
    > xml file in return, as expected :

    Explain "correctly receives". For example

    (a) You see the original raw XML code in the browser pane.
    (b) You see re-indented raw XML code in the browser pane.
    (c) The browser wants to save it to a .xml file
    (d) By "XML", do you also mean to say RSS or ATOM, and do you
    mean you see formatted RSS or ATOM feed content?
    (e) By "XML", do you also mean to say RSS or ATOM, and do you
    mean the browser offers to subscribe you to the feed?
    (f) ... (other, you explain)

    > http://xxxxxx.com/?UserID=myself&Location=Florida

    A pseudo URL is little or no use.

    It is likely we may need to look at the HTTP response headers or
    at the XML itself (depending on your answer to the previous question).

    > However, if I use Firefox it doesn't. Firefox displays the following
    > message at the header (With Grayed backgroud)
    >
    > " This XML file does not appear to have any style information
    > associated with it. The document tree is shown below"
    >
    > and then, at the body: "Invalid UserID" which is
    > generated by the application, if the user cannot be authenticated.
    >
    > BTW, The XML is generated by code and does NOT have (or uses) any
    > style info associated with it. But it works fine with the other
    > browser. ???!!!!

    Explain what "works fine" means.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

  9. Re: What is wrong?

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:23:50 +0200, in message ,
    kes wrote:

    > When the OP says
    > > When using the link (pseudo) bellow

    > I assume he deleted the *real* domain and typed an arbitrary number of x's.

    OTOH the OP posted it as if it was going to be some use.

    > The fact that you clicked on on a domain with xxx's and got to a porn
    > site does not surprise me - BUT IT IS BESIDE THE POINT (and irrelevant
    > to the question at hand)

    It's the OP who posted a real URL. Maybe the OP should have checked.

    It is in the same category as people who "munge" their email addresses
    but who use what is actually a real domain that they have no right to.

+ Reply to Thread