Firefox/2.0.0.6 can't install extensions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox/2.0.0.6 can't install extensions - Mozilla ; Since updating to the Firefox/2.0.0.6 I can no longer install extensions.When I try an error window pops up with the message Firefox could not install the file at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fox...-1.6.06-fx.xpi because: Unexpected installation error Review the Error Console for more details. ...

  1. Firefox/2.0.0.6 can't install extensions

    Since updating to the Firefox/2.0.0.6 I can no longer install
    extensions.When I try an error window pops up with the message

    Firefox could not install the file at:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fox...-1.6.06-fx.xpi

    because: Unexpected installation error
    Review the Error Console for more details.
    -203

    Looking at the error console I see this error

    Error: e.location.getItemLocation(e.id) has no properties
    Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js
    Line: 4141

    when I look at the code I see this highlighted.

    var e = validExtensions[i];

    Can anyone tell me if they are having this problem and if so how you
    fixed it?

    Thank you.
    Dave

  2. Re: Firefox/2.0.0.6 can't install extensions

    wrote in message
    news:1187954879.647254.15430@x35g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
    > Since updating to the Firefox/2.0.0.6 I can no longer install
    > extensions.When I try an error window pops up with the message
    >
    > Firefox could not install the file at:
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fox...-1.6.06-fx.xpi
    >
    > because: Unexpected installation error
    > Review the Error Console for more details.
    > -203
    >
    > Looking at the error console I see this error
    >
    > Error: e.location.getItemLocation(e.id) has no properties
    > Source File:
    > file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js
    > Line: 4141
    >
    > when I look at the code I see this highlighted.
    >
    > var e = validExtensions[i];
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if they are having this problem and if so how you
    > fixed it?
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Dave

  3. Re: Firefox/2.0.0.6 can't install extensions

    wrote ...
    > Since updating to the Firefox/2.0.0.6 I can no longer install
    > extensions.When I try an error window pops up with the message
    >
    > Firefox could not install the file at:
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fox...-1.6.06-fx.xpi
    >
    > because: Unexpected installation error
    > Review the Error Console for more details.
    > -203
    >
    > Looking at the error console I see this error
    >
    > Error: e.location.getItemLocation(e.id) has no properties
    > Source File:
    > file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js
    > Line: 4141
    >
    > when I look at the code I see this highlighted.
    >
    > var e = validExtensions[i];
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if they are having this problem and if so how you
    > fixed it?

    Hi David,

    If you have problems with other extensions, toolbars, bookmarks you
    might have a corrupted localstore.rdf file in your profile, the
    fix is to remove it, which can be easily done in Safe Mode, but
    you will lose your toolbar customizations so you should take a
    picture of your toolbars first so you can use View, toolbars, customize
    to put them back as you want them later.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  4. Re: Firefox/2.0.0.6 can't install extensions

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > wrote ...
    >> Since updating to the Firefox/2.0.0.6 I can no longer install
    >> extensions.When I try an error window pops up with the message
    >>
    >> Firefox could not install the file at:
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fox...-1.6.06-fx.xpi
    >>

    >> because: Unexpected installation error
    >> Review the Error Console for more details.
    >> -203
    >>
    >> Looking at the error console I see this error
    >>
    >> Error: e.location.getItemLocation(e.id) has no properties
    >> Source File:
    >> file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js
    >>
    >> Line: 4141
    >>
    >> when I look at the code I see this highlighted.
    >>
    >> var e = validExtensions[i];
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me if they are having this problem and if so how you
    >> fixed it?

    > Hi David,
    >
    > If you have problems with other extensions, toolbars, bookmarks you
    > might have a corrupted localstore.rdf file in your profile, the
    > fix is to remove it, which can be easily done in Safe Mode, but
    > you will lose your toolbar customizations so you should take a
    > picture of your toolbars first so you can use View, toolbars, customize
    > to put them back as you want them later.
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
    >
    > --
    > HTH,
    > David McRitchie,
    > Firefox Custom: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    The problem might be just with the extension indexing getting corrupted.
    Try exiting Firefox and removing these files from the profile:
    extensions.cache
    extensions.ini
    extensions.rdf
    Firefox will then rebuild them the next time it is started.

+ Reply to Thread