scroll bar color not working in firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on scroll bar color not working in firefox - Mozilla ; Hi, I am trying to color the scroll bar in my webPage. I tried to change the color of the scroll bar in a table. I have put the table inside a tag which has the following css: #tableDivision { ...

  1. scroll bar color not working in firefox

    Hi,

    I am trying to color the scroll bar in my webPage. I tried to change the
    color of the scroll bar in a table.

    I have put the table inside a
    tag which has the following css:

    #tableDivision {
    border: none;
    clear: both;
    padding: 0em;
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;
    TEXT-ALIGN: left;
    WIDTH: 520px;
    height : 450px;
    overflow:auto;
    overflow-y:scroll;
    overflow-x:hidden;
    scrollbar-arrow-color: #0066C8;
    scrollbar-3dlight-color: #D5EBF9;
    scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #D5EBF9;
    scrollbar-face-color: #D5EBF9;
    scrollbar-highlight-color: #D5EBF9;
    scrollbar-shadow-color: #D5EBF9;
    scrollbar-track-color: #F0F8FF;
    }

    The scrollbar color works only in IE. Its working in firefox, netscape and
    opera browsers. When search through google, I came to know that the code
    written for changing scrollbar color are specific to IE only.

    Please let me know how can I change the color of scrollbar in firefox.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Nasrin.N
    Software Engineer,
    Xansa

    Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses, recipients should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will not accept any liability whatsoever.

    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and protected by client privilege. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient.
    Please delete it and notify the sender if you have received it in
    error. Unauthorised use is prohibited.

    Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
    necessarily the organisation.
    Xansa, Registered Office: 420 Thames Valley Park Drive,
    Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1PU, UK.
    Registered in England No.1000954.
    t +44 (0)8702 416181
    w www.xansa.com

  2. Re: scroll bar color not working in firefox

    wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to color the scroll bar in my webPage. I tried to change the
    > color of the scroll bar in a table.
    >
    > I have put the table inside a
    tag which has the following css:

    > #tableDivision {
    > border: none;
    > clear: both;
    > padding: 0em;
    > BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;
    > TEXT-ALIGN: left;
    > WIDTH: 520px;
    > height : 450px;
    > overflow:auto;
    > overflow-y:scroll;
    > overflow-x:hidden;
    > scrollbar-arrow-color: #0066C8;
    > scrollbar-3dlight-color: #D5EBF9;
    > scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #D5EBF9;
    > scrollbar-face-color: #D5EBF9;
    > scrollbar-highlight-color: #D5EBF9;
    > scrollbar-shadow-color: #D5EBF9;
    > scrollbar-track-color: #F0F8FF;
    > }
    >
    > The scrollbar color works only in IE. Its working in firefox, netscape and
    > opera browsers. When search through google, I came to know that the code
    > written for changing scrollbar color are specific to IE only.
    >
    > Please let me know how can I change the color of scrollbar in firefox.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Nasrin.N
    > Software Engineer,
    > Xansa
    >

    > Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses, recipients
    > should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will not accept any
    > liability whatsoever.

    > protected by client privilege. It is solely for the use of the intended
    > recipient.
    > Please delete it and notify the sender if you have received it in
    > error. Unauthorised use is prohibited.

    Changing all of the colors for the scrollbar, I believe, is not supported
    in Firefox (to me it's a sigh of relief). Not sure where I ran across that
    information, but I expect you would find something at scripts.org

    but a search for color scrollbar scroller Firefox
    turns up such wording within
    http://iconico.com/CSSScrollbar/
    http://designerscouch.deviantart.com...l/forum/28389/
    Try this one it searched with Firefox, but doesn't have Firefox on the
    page
    http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/styles...crollbars.html

  3. Re: scroll bar color not working in firefox

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > wrote in message
    >> I am trying to color the scroll bar in my webPage. I tried to change the
    >> color of the scroll bar in a table.

    > Changing all of the colors for the scrollbar, I believe, is not supported
    > in Firefox (to me it's a sigh of relief). Not sure where I ran across that
    > information, but I expect you would find something at scripts.org

    Yes. The CSS for changing scrollbar colours is not part of the
    standards. It is a Microsoft invention.

+ Reply to Thread