Java script turned off - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Java script turned off - Mozilla ; I have been using Firefox for 3 years with no problem until recently. There used to be an icon on the right side bottom page named "Options" when gmail is displayed in Firefox. Whenever I click on a weblink and ...

  1. Java script turned off

    I have been using Firefox for 3 years with no problem until recently.
    There used to be an icon on the right side bottom page named "Options"
    when gmail is displayed in Firefox. Whenever I click on a weblink and
    nothing happens all I have to do is click on this Option and select
    "allow java script" and new webpage is displayed without any problems.

    Now whenever i go to Gmail via Firefox, message says that "java script
    is turned off" and needs to be turned on again in order for Gmail to
    work properly. When I click on TOOLS , then OPTIONS and then CONTENT,
    it shows both boxes of Enable Java and Java Script selected. So how is
    it possible to be disabled.

    If I use Internet Explorer to access Gmail instead of Google and
    Firefox I do not get this problem. How do I restore the Java script
    with Google / Firefox? As they say in King & I "its a puzzlement !!"
    that is driving me bonkers. Can any one help!!

    Kegan

  2. Re: Java script turned off

    > Now whenever i go to Gmail via Firefox, message says that "java script
    > is turned off" and needs to be turned on again in order for Gmail to
    > work properly. When I click on TOOLS , then OPTIONS and then CONTENT,
    > it shows both boxes of Enable Java and Java Script selected. So how is
    > it possible to be disabled.

    Hi Kegan,
    On the Content tab next to the java script is an Exceptions button
    check that.

    Do you have a Noscript extension installed.

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  3. Re: Java script turned off

    On Aug 24, 2:37 am, "David McRitchie" wrote:

    > > Now whenever i go to Gmail via Firefox, message says that "java script
    > > is turned off" and needs to be turned on again in order for Gmail to
    > > work properly. When I click on TOOLS , then OPTIONS and then CONTENT,
    > > it shows both boxes of Enable Java and Java Script selected. So how is
    > > it possible to be disabled.

    > Hi Kegan,
    > On the Content tab next to the java script is an Exceptions button
    > check that.
    >
    > Do you have a Noscript extension installed.
    >
    > --
    > HTH,
    > David McRitchie,
    > Firefox Custom: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    Hi David,

    You are a life saver. After 2 weeks of frustration struggling with the
    problem, you have correctly identified it was a Noscript problem. I
    found it was there but corrupted, so I reinstalled it and now it is
    back to normal again.
    Many thanks,
    Kegan

  4. Re: Java script turned off

    > On Aug 24, 2:37 am, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Now whenever i go to Gmail via Firefox, message says that "java script
    >> > is turned off" and needs to be turned on again in order for Gmail to
    >> > work properly. When I click on TOOLS , then OPTIONS and then CONTENT,
    >> > it shows both boxes of Enable Java and Java Script selected. So how is
    >> > it possible to be disabled.

    >> Hi Kegan,
    >> On the Content tab next to the java script is an Exceptions button
    >> check that.
    >>
    >> Do you have a Noscript extension installed.
    >
    > Hi David,
    >
    > You are a life saver. After 2 weeks of frustration struggling with the
    > problem, you have correctly identified it was a Noscript problem. I
    > found it was there but corrupted, so I reinstalled it and now it is
    > back to normal again.

    Hi Kegan,
    If you have problems with other extensions, toolbars, bookmarks you
    might have (have had) a corrupted localstore.rdf file in your profile
    the
    fix is to remove it, which can be easily done in Safe Mode, but
    you would lose your toolbar customizations so you should take a
    picture of your toolbars first so you can use View, toolbars, customize
    to put them back as you want them later.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Localstore.rdf
    which are part of
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox

    Reinstalling an extension(s) as you did, may have have solved
    the corruption. The corrupted localstore.rdf can happen at
    any time, but seems to happen mostly after installing a lot of new
    extensions, or upgrading Firefox version.

    Forcing Firefox to recreate localstore.rdf
    is something I've done immediately after most Firefox updates starting
    with 2.0 but I don't recall doing it for 2.0.0.6 nor for 2.0.0.7.
    Clearing cache, I do regularly.

    MozillaZine seems to be down at the moment, try again later, getting
    (110) Connection timed out

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,