NO extensions work - Mozilla

This is a discussion on NO extensions work - Mozilla ; Like tigger2u, I cannot get extensions to uninstall or run. The message tells me they will unistall/work after restart of mozilla but they don't. I think yahoo toolbar may be the problem but even uninstalling from control panel didn't take ...

  1. NO extensions work

    Like tigger2u, I cannot get extensions to uninstall or run. The message
    tells me they will unistall/work after restart of mozilla but they don't.

    I think yahoo toolbar may be the problem but even uninstalling from
    control panel didn't take it out. I run extensive spyware and av- so I'm
    sure that's not it. I've downgraded rom 2.06 to 2.04 and still no success.
    I'm about to give up. Any suggestions?
    flancewriter@yahoo.com

  2. Re: NO extensions work

    "ll" wrote > Like tigger2u, I cannot get extensions to uninstall
    or run. The message
    > tells me they will unistall/work after restart of mozilla but they don't.
    >
    > I think yahoo toolbar may be the problem but even uninstalling from
    > control panel didn't take it out. I run extensive spyware and av- so I'm
    > sure that's not it. I've downgraded rom 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.0.4 and still no
    > success. I'm about to give up. Any suggestions?

    If you have problems with other extensions, toolbars, bookmarks you
    might have a corrupted localstore.rdf file in your profile, the
    fix is to remove it, which can be easily done in Safe Mode, but
    you will lose your toolbar customizations so you should take a
    picture of your toolbars first so you can use View, toolbars, customize
    to put them back as you want them later.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
    Then you should be working again and should update to the current
    version of Firefox which is 2.0.0.7

    Posting "Me Too" replies is normally bad practice, unless
    you have something to add, which you did since you thought
    Yahoo toolbar was involved. But you should not start a new
    thread because we have no idea of what tigger2u posted unless
    we do a Google Groups search to find the other post, so you do
    both you and the person with the original problem a disfavor.

    Yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar and other such toolbars are
    often a big problem and many of them are security risks, unless
    you exactly follow and understand the fine print very carefully, but
    I don't think in this case that it matters to your immediate problem.
    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,