How do i remove the menubar ? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How do i remove the menubar ? - Mozilla ; Hi, I want to remove the firefox's menubar, address bar, status bar and start it like a pop up window, instead of the normal start. How do i do this ? Are there any command line options for achieving the ...

  1. How do i remove the menubar ?

    Hi,

    I want to remove the firefox's menubar, address bar, status bar and
    start it like a pop up window, instead of the normal start. How do i
    do this ? Are there any command line options for achieving the same ?

    Regards,
    Anoop

  2. Re: How do i remove the menubar ?

    anoop.kn@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to remove the firefox's menubar, address bar, status bar and
    > start it like a pop up window, instead of the normal start. How do i
    > do this ? Are there any command line options for achieving the same ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anoop

    you can remove the address bar and others, by right clicking
    and select Customize [or View, Toolbars, Customize)

    as for the menubar and the statusbar, you have to put the
    following scripts into your userChrome.css file:

    /* Menu bar removal */
    menubar > menu {display: none !important; }

    /* Status bar removal */
    statusbar { display:none !important; }

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: How do i remove the menubar ?

    > anoop.kn@gmail.com wrote:
    >> I want to remove the firefox's menubar, address bar, status bar and
    >> start it like a pop up window, instead of the normal start. How do i
    >> do this ? Are there any command line options for achieving the same ?

    I would find it very hard to work with pages that way, in fact I force all
    pages to appear with information. But if you'd consider some extensions
    that that can show more viewing area and are easily turned on/off, consider.

    AutoHide, http://www.krickelkrackel.de/autohide/
    Hide/See the toolbars of your choice in Full Screen (F11/context)
    [Options] [Context]
    Actually think that fits your request as it is configurable, I suppress
    all but the status bar.
    Turned on and off by F11, or context menu toggle (Full Screen)
    Use the Menu Editor extension to put that option at the top of context
    menu.

    Toolbar Grippes,
    http://tokyoenvious.xrea.jp/archives...ippies.en.html
    Adds grippies to the toolbars. Shaded button to left of rows of menu,
    toolbars,
    bookmarks, that can be clicked to hide the row, Individually restored
    by
    correctly guessing which grippy tucked under the toolbar areas to click
    on.
    (compatibility maxVersion issue with Fx2.0 but works fine if you turn
    off compatibility testing
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...bilitydisabled)

    More information on the above and other extensions I use on my webpage
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  4. Re: How do i remove the menubar ?

    anoop.kn@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to remove the firefox's menubar, address bar, status bar and
    > start it like a pop up window, instead of the normal start. How do i
    > do this ? Are there any command line options for achieving the same ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anoop

    Try hitting F11 to toggle between the "standard" view and the "full-screen" view.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Today is the first day of the rest of the mess

+ Reply to Thread