FF 2 on Mac OS 10.3.9 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF 2 on Mac OS 10.3.9 - Mozilla ; With FF version 1.5.0.12 I could click and hold the mouse on a link and a contextual menu would come up allowing to select one of several things to do with the link, like opening it in a new tab. ...

  1. FF 2 on Mac OS 10.3.9

    With FF version 1.5.0.12 I could click and hold the mouse on a link and
    a contextual menu would come up allowing to select one of several things
    to do with the link, like opening it in a new tab.

    With FF version 2 (2.0.0.4 to be precise) in order to get the contextual
    menu I have to also hold down the Control key as I click and hold on the
    link.

    How do I get the original behavior back?

  2. Re: FF 2 on Mac OS 10.3.9

    Joey Goldstein wrote:
    > With FF version 1.5.0.12 I could click and hold the mouse on a link and
    > a contextual menu would come up allowing to select one of several things
    > to do with the link, like opening it in a new tab.
    >
    > With FF version 2 (2.0.0.4 to be precise) in order to get the contextual
    > menu I have to also hold down the Control key as I click and hold on the
    > link.
    >
    > How do I get the original behavior back?

    OK. I found it myself with about:config.
    Please ignore.

  3. Re: FF 2 on Mac OS 10.3.9

    OK. Here's another one....
    (Still on a Mac running OS 10.3.9.)

    In FF 1 I used to be able to click and hold on a link with the Command
    and Option keys depressed, and when I selected Open Link In New Tab from
    the the contextual menu, the new tab that opened would not become the
    active tab and I could continue reading the original web page.

    This doesn't seem to work with FF v2.

    How do I get this back.

  4. Re: FF 2 on Mac OS 10.3.9

    Joey Goldstein wrote:
    > OK. Here's another one....
    > (Still on a Mac running OS 10.3.9.)
    >
    > In FF 1 I used to be able to click and hold on a link with the Command
    > and Option keys depressed, and when I selected Open Link In New Tab from
    > the the contextual menu, the new tab that opened would not become the
    > active tab and I could continue reading the original web page.
    >
    > This doesn't seem to work with FF v2.
    >
    > How do I get this back.

    OK. You can ignore this one too.
    I had the action wrong. It's the same as it was in FF v1.
    Just click on the link while holding down Option and Shift.

    Nice talking to y'all!

+ Reply to Thread