Gmail and mail-to links in Firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Gmail and mail-to links in Firefox - Mozilla ; I am having a problem with mail-to links. I prefer to use Outlook as my e-mail client but everytime I click a mail-to link it opens up gmail. How do I solve this problem?...

  1. Gmail and mail-to links in Firefox

    I am having a problem with mail-to links. I prefer to use Outlook as
    my e-mail client but everytime I click a mail-to link it opens up
    gmail. How do I solve this problem?

  2. Re: Gmail and mail-to links in Firefox

    On the Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:53, tad1073@bellsouth.net wrote in
    mozilla.support.firefox

    > I am having a problem with mail-to links. I prefer to use Outlook as
    > my e-mail client but everytime I click a mail-to link it opens up
    > gmail. How do I solve this problem?

    It sounds like you have google toolbar installed. Go to the google
    toolbar options and under the More tab, go down to Send with Gmail and
    untick.

    --
    Patrick
    Warwick QLD Au

  3. Re: Gmail and mail-to links in Firefox

    On Aug 23, 1:35 am, Patrick Heffernan wrote:
    > On the Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:53, tad1...@bellsouth.net wrote in
    > mozilla.support.firefox
    >
    > > I am having a problem with mail-to links. I prefer to use Outlook as
    > > my e-mail client but everytime I click a mail-to link it opens up
    > > gmail. How do I solve this problem?

    > It sounds like you have google toolbar installed. Go to the google
    > toolbar options and under the More tab, go down to Send with Gmail and
    > untick.
    >
    > --
    > Patrick
    > Warwick QLD Au

    I was reading about this issue and went to href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_%28Firefox%29">
    this page and found what the problem was and it was the toolbar
    configuration. thanks for the reply though.

+ Reply to Thread