I'm trying to get a Perl program working that requires Firefox to use
port 5364. (Unnecessary details here: http://tinyurl.com/2aacc8 ) I
have narrowed the problem to Firefox. In Preferences / Connection
Settings I change the port to 5364 and from all indications (like the
netstat command) Firefox is still using port 80. If I put "localhost"
or my local IP address in "HTTP Proxy" no connection is made at all. I
tried proxying through a different machine, but the proxy machine
(also Linux) refused the connection.

What am I doing wrong? What do I do to get Firefox connections to go
through a proxy? Would prefer to proxy through a different port on the
same machine.

I'm using Firefox version 1.5.0.3 on Linux.

Thanks,

NS