Firefox/MSN email problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox/MSN email problem - Mozilla ; We have had the same MSN ISP and MSN email account for over ten years. We have two laptops. One laptop still works fine. My new problem is with MSN email while using Firefox Mozilla. (I didn't have a problem ...

  1. Firefox/MSN email problem

    We have had the same MSN ISP and MSN email account for over ten years. We
    have two laptops. One laptop still works fine.

    My new problem is with MSN email while using Firefox Mozilla. (I didn't have
    a problem for years.then) The problem started yesterday when I signed on.
    The problem is the same when I use dial-up and when I use the aircard. The
    problem is still a problem today.

    There are scribbles (="x"s and little undecipherable icons) covering (1) the
    four items in the lower left corner "today" "mail" "contacts" "calendar" (2)
    and also covering a lot of the commands all the way to the top of the light
    blue area (3) and also the titles of about half of letters in my inbox (and
    other boxes). When I hit "new" to compose a new letter, I can't because I am
    not given a white area to compose in.

    My email continues work fine on Mozilla on my other laptop. My email also
    works fine on Internet Explorer on both laptops.

    Please help.

  2. Re: Firefox/MSN email problem

    "C" wrote in message
    news:NYWdnRLove02ylHbnZ2dnUVZ_tSknZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > We have had the same MSN ISP and MSN email account for over ten years. We
    > have two laptops. One laptop still works fine.
    >
    > My new problem is with MSN email while using Firefox Mozilla. (I didn't
    > have a problem for years.then) The problem started yesterday when I signed
    > on. The problem is the same when I use dial-up and when I use the aircard.
    > The problem is still a problem today.
    >

    > There are scribbles (="x"s and little undecipherable icons) covering (1)
    > the four items in the lower left corner "today" "mail" "contacts"
    > "calendar" (2) and also covering a lot of the commands all the way to the
    > top of the light blue area (3) and also the titles of about half of
    > letters in my inbox (and other boxes). When I hit "new" to compose a new
    > letter, I can't because I am not given a white area to compose in.
    >
    > My email continues work fine on Mozilla on my other laptop. My email also
    > works fine on Internet Explorer on both laptops.

    I don't look at my MSN/Hotmail email online, so haven't experienced any such
    problems.

    Look for a yellow banner at the top of the email, indicating a potential
    problem.
    If you have GreaseMonkey try deactivating it to see if your scripts need
    updating.
    Try viewing without CSS -- View, Page Style, No style
    Are you seeing images. Are the scribbles you see descriptive information
    for icons/pictures.
    if so MenuX -- turn off Display tips for tools/images
    Web Developer -- check through options for anything
    checkmarked
    although you would see them on all pages not just MSN.
    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,