Remember Passwords - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Remember Passwords - Mozilla ; I am updating computers and I want to be able to transfer saved passwords from one machine to another. Is this possible? Thank you in advance for your help....

  1. Remember Passwords

    I am updating computers and I want to be able to transfer saved passwords
    from one machine to another. Is this possible?

    Thank you in advance for your help.

  2. Re: Remember Passwords

    Hector Carrillo wrote:
    > I am updating computers and I want to be able to transfer saved passwords
    > from one machine to another. Is this possible?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help.

    you need the files signon.txt or signons.txt [depending on
    which version of FF you have], and key3.db. These files are
    located in the FF profile.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Remember Passwords

    Hector Carrillo wrote:
    > I am updating computers and I want to be able to transfer saved passwords
    > from one machine to another. Is this possible?

    Sure. But you can also move your whole profile folder, containing
    bookmarks and all your settings.

    Read this:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup

    And this:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  4. Re: Remember Passwords

    "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" ...
    > Hector Carrillo wrote:
    >> I am updating computers and I want to be able to transfer saved passwords
    >> from one machine to another. Is this possible?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance for your help.

    > you need the files signon.txt or signons.txt [depending on which version
    > of FF you have], and key3.db. These files are located in the FF profile.

    You certainly want a backup of your old profile, and rather than just
    copying
    over the password files, you might want to copy your entire profile to
    your
    new machine so you have your bookmarks, addons, toolbar customization and
    all. Though starting fresh might clear out the cobwebs and give you a
    better
    understanding of what you actually did previously. I just bought a new
    machine
    and that's what I did, so the Firefox part was the easiest part of the
    entire transition
    after figuring out how to install software as everything seemed hidden at
    first.

+ Reply to Thread