"This address is restricted" - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "This address is restricted" - Mozilla ; I don't suppose there is any way to turn this crap off is there? In an intranet environment I maintain, there are literally 90 or so different virtual servers. Firefox barfs on me because it doesn't like: http://localhost:6000/ ....then it ...

  1. "This address is restricted"

    I don't suppose there is any way to turn this crap off is there?

    In an intranet environment I maintain, there are literally 90 or so
    different virtual servers. Firefox barfs on me because it doesn't like:

    http://localhost:6000/

    ....then it precedes to tell me it did this for my protection. If anyone
    needs to see a screen shot, let me know.

    Anyway... can I disable this?

    --
    -Lost
    Remove the extra words to reply by e-mail. Don't e-mail me. I am kidding.

  2. Re: "This address is restricted"

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 05:22:49 -0500, in message ,
    -Lost wrote:

    > I don't suppose there is any way to turn this crap off is there?
    >
    > In an intranet environment I maintain, there are literally 90 or so
    > different virtual servers. Firefox barfs on me because it doesn't like:
    >
    > http://localhost:6000/
    >
    > ...then it precedes to tell me it did this for my protection. If anyone
    > needs to see a screen shot, let me know.
    >
    > Anyway... can I disable this?

    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/PortBanning.html

    Hint: or put the error message which you see into a Google search.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

  3. Re: "This address is restricted"

    On 20.08.2007 05:22, -Lost wrote:

    > I don't suppose there is any way to turn this crap off is there?
    >
    > In an intranet environment I maintain, there are literally 90 or so
    > different virtual servers. Firefox barfs on me because it doesn't like:
    >
    > http://localhost:6000/
    >
    > ...then it precedes to tell me it did this for my protection. If anyone
    > needs to see a screen shot, let me know.
    >
    > Anyway... can I disable this?

    Add the following line to user.js (if present) or to prefs.js, suggest
    you create user.js using notepad and naming the file user.js, then add
    the entry below and save in your profile directory, the same place where
    prefs.js is located.

    user_pref("network.security.ports.banned.override", "port6000");

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  4. Re: "This address is restricted"

    On 20.08.2007 06:28, Ralph Fox wrote:

    > Hint: or put the error message which you see into a Google search.

    Oops, sorry, didn't refresh the group in time to see your reply.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  5. Re: "This address is restricted"

    Response from Ralph Fox <-@-.invalid>:

    > On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 05:22:49 -0500, in message
    > , -Lost wrote:
    >
    >> I don't suppose there is any way to turn this crap off is there?
    >>
    >> In an intranet environment I maintain, there are literally 90 or so
    >> different virtual servers. Firefox barfs on me because it doesn't
    >> like:
    >>
    >> http://localhost:6000/
    >>
    >> ...then it precedes to tell me it did this for my protection. If
    >> anyone needs to see a screen shot, let me know.
    >>
    >> Anyway... can I disable this?

    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/PortBanning.html

    Geez, that was simple.

    > Hint: or put the error message which you see into a Google search.

    Yeah, I know. Sorry. Insomnia (amongst other things tends to make me
    useless).

    Thanks!

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

  6. Re: "This address is restricted"

    Response from Jay Garcia :

    > On 20.08.2007 05:22, -Lost wrote:

    Thanks. A couple notes:

    1. You can open about:config in the address bar and Right Click > New >
    String and give the string name "network.security.ports.banned.override"
    and then for a value the port number.

    2. You don't have to put port in front of the port number. Eg. "6000"
    would work just fine. You can also separate them by comma and specify
    ranges.

    See ya'.

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

  7. Re: "This address is restricted"

    On 20.08.2007 07:49, -Lost wrote:

    >>> I don't suppose there is any way to turn this crap off is there?
    >>>
    >>> In an intranet environment I maintain, there are literally 90 or so
    >>> different virtual servers. Firefox barfs on me because it doesn't
    >>> like:
    >>>
    >>> http://localhost:6000/
    >>>
    >>> ...then it precedes to tell me it did this for my protection. If
    >>> anyone needs to see a screen shot, let me know.
    >>>
    >>> Anyway... can I disable this?
    >>>

    >> Add the following line to user.js (if present) or to prefs.js, suggest
    >> you create user.js using notepad and naming the file user.js, then add
    >> the entry below and save in your profile directory, the same place
    >> where prefs.js is located.
    >>
    >> user_pref("network.security.ports.banned.override", "port6000");

    > Thanks. A couple notes:
    >
    > 1. You can open about:config in the address bar and Right Click > New >
    > String and give the string name "network.security.ports.banned.override"
    > and then for a value the port number.
    >
    > 2. You don't have to put port in front of the port number. Eg. "6000"
    > would work just fine. You can also separate them by comma and specify
    > ranges.
    >
    > See ya'.

    Yes I know about the about:config but I always suggest the user.js
    simply to be able to keep a record of additions, etc. "old school" :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  8. Re: "This address is restricted"

    -Lost wrote:
    > I don't suppose there is any way to turn this crap off is there?
    >
    > In an intranet environment I maintain, there are literally 90 or so
    > different virtual servers. Firefox barfs on me because it doesn't like:
    >
    > http://localhost:6000/
    >
    > ...then it precedes to tell me it did this for my protection. If anyone
    > needs to see a screen shot, let me know.

    You've been having more darned problems, lately.

    (I see someone already gave you the fix for this one.)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  9. Re: "This address is restricted"

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:36:45 -0500, in message ,
    Jay Garcia wrote:

    > On 20.08.2007 06:28, Ralph Fox wrote:

    There's nothing wrong with giving a second answer.

+ Reply to Thread