Windows Media Player plugin on Vista - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Windows Media Player plugin on Vista - Mozilla ; Hi--running Firefox 2.0.0.6, I just downloaded and installed the WMP plug-in and rebooted. But pressing Play on the WMP insert in the web page I'm interested in does nothing. I went to the Knowledgebase article at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player but it doesn't ...

  1. Windows Media Player plugin on Vista

    Hi--running Firefox 2.0.0.6, I just downloaded and installed the WMP plug-in
    and rebooted. But pressing Play on the WMP insert in the web page I'm
    interested in does nothing. I went to the Knowledgebase article at
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player but it doesn't say anything
    that works for me. I'm looking at aboutlugins and it definitely shows the
    WMP plugins. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Windows Media Player plugin on Vista

    Rick wrote:
    > Hi--running Firefox 2.0.0.6, I just downloaded and installed the WMP plug-in
    > and rebooted. But pressing Play on the WMP insert in the web page I'm
    > interested in does nothing. I went to the Knowledgebase article at
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player but it doesn't say anything
    > that works for me. I'm looking at aboutlugins and it definitely shows the
    > WMP plugins. Any ideas?

    Are you using the standard plugin or the new plugin from Microsoft? If
    you have the new plugin, you should see this entry in aboutlugins :

    Microsoft® Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin

    File name: np-mswmp.dll
    np-mswmp

    Please post a link to a page that does not work for you, so that we can
    test it.

    Does this page work for you?:
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/testpages/wmp9.html

    --
    Alex K.

  3. Re: Windows Media Player plugin on Vista

    Rick wrote:
    > Hi--running Firefox 2.0.0.6, I just downloaded and installed the WMP plug-in
    > and rebooted. But pressing Play on the WMP insert in the web page I'm
    > interested in does nothing. I went to the Knowledgebase article at
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_Media_Player but it doesn't say anything
    > that works for me. I'm looking at aboutlugins and it definitely shows the
    > WMP plugins. Any ideas?

    are you using a hosts file?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm