Tracking cookies in FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Tracking cookies in FF - Mozilla ; Hello, When I run Spyware sw, I get results that show FF allows tracking cookies through. Is there a setting that stops tracking cookies? Thanks, Steve...

  1. Tracking cookies in FF

    Hello,

    When I run Spyware sw, I get results that show FF allows tracking cookies
    through. Is there a setting that stops tracking cookies?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: Tracking cookies in FF

    Maincat wrote:

    > When I run Spyware sw, I get results that show FF allows tracking cookies
    > through. Is there a setting that stops tracking cookies?

    sure: Tools/Options/Privacy

    Since you're smart enough to ask, you'll also be smart enough to click
    the exceptions button and then first thing put in "google.com"

  3. Re: Tracking cookies in FF

    Havlo wrote:
    > Maincat wrote:
    >
    >> When I run Spyware sw, I get results that show FF allows tracking cookies
    >> through. Is there a setting that stops tracking cookies?

    > sure: Tools/Options/Privacy
    >
    > Since you're smart enough to ask, you'll also be smart enough to click
    > the exceptions button and then first thing put in "google.com"

    I would set Firefox not to accept cookies, and then make exceptions to
    allow only those cookies that you need.

  4. Re: Tracking cookies in FF

    On 2007-08-19, Havlo wrote:

    > Maincat wrote:
    >
    >> When I run Spyware sw, I get results that show FF allows tracking cookies
    >> through. Is there a setting that stops tracking cookies?

    > sure: Tools/Options/Privacy
    >
    > Since you're smart enough to ask, you'll also be smart enough to click
    > the exceptions button and then first thing put in "google.com"

    The "CustomizeGoogle" extension gives you a more fine-tuned way of
    dealing with google issues: http://www.customizegoogle.com

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  5. Re: Tracking cookies in FF

    Maincat wrote:
    > Is there a setting that stops tracking cookies?

    I installed AdBlock-Plus extension and three subscriptions (EasyList, EasyElement, ABP Tracking Filter) and doing so knocked out the snoopers. Now when I run SpyBot SD it finds >>NOTHING<< to complain
    about.

    --
    Michael Lueck
    Lueck Data Systems