Profile trouble - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Profile trouble - Mozilla ; FF 2.0.0.6 Several months ago, Firefox crashed on a page, but when I started it up, my profile was gone. The profile wizard was there, so I made a new one named default. Then I went online to see what ...

  1. Profile trouble

    FF 2.0.0.6

    Several months ago, Firefox crashed on a page, but when I started it up,
    my profile was gone. The profile wizard was there, so I made a new one
    named default. Then I went online to see what I could do about getting
    the old one back.

    I found the files from the old one and copied the files into the new
    default profile and all was well again . . . except . . . Every time I
    open Firefox, I get the profile manager. I have "don't ask at startup"
    ticked, but it doesn't seem to matter.

    There is only one profile and I only want one.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Profile trouble

    Vey wrote:
    > FF 2.0.0.6
    >
    > Several months ago, Firefox crashed on a page, but when I started it up,
    > my profile was gone. The profile wizard was there, so I made a new one
    > named default. Then I went online to see what I could do about getting
    > the old one back.
    >
    > I found the files from the old one and copied the files into the new
    > default profile and all was well again . . . except . . . Every time I
    > open Firefox, I get the profile manager. I have "don't ask at startup"
    > ticked, but it doesn't seem to matter.
    >
    > There is only one profile and I only want one.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Did you delete the old profile after copying the files from it? Have
    you checked the shortcut for Firefox to make sure that it is not calling
    the profile manager?

  3. Re: Profile trouble

    EE wrote:
    > Have
    > you checked the shortcut for Firefox to make sure that it is not calling
    > the profile manager?

    Ha! That was it. For some reason all my shortcuts had a -p in them. I
    don't know how that happened.

+ Reply to Thread