firefox link to bank - Mozilla

This is a discussion on firefox link to bank - Mozilla ; All went well until recently. Now, using Firefox 2.0.0.6, I can log onto my bank but the bill pay feature is blocked. I can bring that up through Explorer but not Firefox. The bank thinks it is a firewall within ...

  1. firefox link to bank

    All went well until recently. Now, using Firefox 2.0.0.6, I can log onto my
    bank but the bill pay feature is blocked. I can bring that up through
    Explorer but not Firefox. The bank thinks it is a firewall within firefox
    that is causing the problem. All help appreciated.

    Old Jeff

  2. Re: firefox link to bank

    oldjeff@earthlink.net wrote:
    > All went well until recently. Now, using Firefox 2.0.0.6, I can log onto my
    > bank but the bill pay feature is blocked. I can bring that up through
    > Explorer but not Firefox. The bank thinks it is a firewall within firefox
    > that is causing the problem. All help appreciated.
    >
    > Old Jeff

    I don't know what training that bank expert has, but there
    is no "firewall within firefox." Just like there is no
    firewall within explorer. Its probably because the bank is
    browser sniffing, and they haven't upgraded it to accept FF
    2.0.0.6 yet.

    Alos, a firewall is separate application.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: firefox link to bank

    oldjeff@earthlink.net wrote:
    > All went well until recently. Now, using Firefox 2.0.0.6, I can log onto my
    > bank but the bill pay feature is blocked. I can bring that up through
    > Explorer but not Firefox. The bank thinks it is a firewall within firefox
    > that is causing the problem. All help appreciated.

    This might or might not help you:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_load..._some_websites

    Did you try using it in safe mode?

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  4. Re: firefox link to bank

    oldjeff@earthlink.net wrote:
    > All went well until recently. Now, using Firefox 2.0.0.6, I can log onto my
    > bank but the bill pay feature is blocked. I can bring that up through
    > Explorer but not Firefox. The bank thinks it is a firewall within firefox
    > that is causing the problem. All help appreciated.
    >
    > Old Jeff

    I experienced a similar problem with my bank when I started using FF. It
    was caused by the bank using JS on part of it's site, which I had turned
    off in FF.

    Might be the cause, might not :-)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

  5. Web based email links not working

    I am using Firefox version 2.0.0.6. I can sign in to my web based emails,
    but then most links are dead. I cannot get to my inbox, view emails, or
    access any help or options. I have Juno, Hotmail and Comcast web based
    emails. Any help would be appreciated.
    Gretchen

+ Reply to Thread