Print preview freezes FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Print preview freezes FF - Mozilla ; Has anyone else seen print preview freezing FF? The CPU has cranked up to 90+% and I think my system would have frozen if I hadn't reduced the process priority to "Idle" via Process Explorer, but FF has been hanging ...

  1. Print preview freezes FF

    Has anyone else seen print preview freezing FF?

    The CPU has cranked up to 90+% and I think my system would have frozen
    if I hadn't reduced the process priority to "Idle" via Process Explorer,
    but FF has been hanging since I clicked print preview and it doesn't
    look as if it's going to recover.

    Hopefully just an isolated incident, but I wonder whether it is a known
    problem?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  2. Re: Print preview freezes FF

    Herb wrote:
    > Has anyone else seen print preview freezing FF?
    >
    > The CPU has cranked up to 90+% and I think my system would have frozen
    > if I hadn't reduced the process priority to "Idle" via Process Explorer,
    > but FF has been hanging since I clicked print preview and it doesn't
    > look as if it's going to recover.
    >
    > Hopefully just an isolated incident, but I wonder whether it is a known
    > problem?

    Check that your printer driver is installed properly, and that it is
    accessible by other programs. The print preview should be communicating
    with it to find out some printer parameters, and if it can't, then it
    might well hang.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: Print preview freezes FF

    On 17.08.2007 02:08 UK Time, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Herb wrote:
    >> Has anyone else seen print preview freezing FF?
    >>
    >> The CPU has cranked up to 90+% and I think my system would have frozen
    >> if I hadn't reduced the process priority to "Idle" via Process
    >> Explorer, but FF has been hanging since I clicked print preview and it
    >> doesn't look as if it's going to recover.
    >>
    >> Hopefully just an isolated incident, but I wonder whether it is a
    >> known problem?
    >>

    > Check that your printer driver is installed properly, and that it is
    > accessible by other programs. The print preview should be communicating
    > with it to find out some printer parameters, and if it can't, then it
    > might well hang.

    Hi Ron,

    thanks for your reply.

    Yes, the printer is OK generally - I have a feeling it may just have
    been an isolated incident, possibly due to general PC overload yesterday
    (I get the impression that print preview tends to be quite resource
    intensive)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  4. Re: Print preview freezes FF

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:51:48 +0100, in message ,
    Herb wrote:

    > Has anyone else seen print preview freezing FF?

    Google is your friendly helpful assistant. See

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...93827dbc7f2cdf

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

  5. Re: Print preview freezes FF

    On 17.08.2007 10:34 UK Time, Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:51:48 +0100, in message ,
    > Herb wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone else seen print preview freezing FF?

    > Google is your friendly helpful assistant. See
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...93827dbc7f2cdf

    Thanks for pointing out this thread, but I'm not quite sure what to
    conclude from it for my situation.

    For now I'll it assume that it was just an isolated incident. If it
    happens again I'll study the previous thread in more detail.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread