Website Last updated - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Website Last updated - Mozilla ; I am using Firefox on a computer with Windows XP. Is there a way to tell the time and date a website was last updated?...

  1. Website Last updated

    I am using Firefox on a computer with Windows XP.

    Is there a way to tell the time and date a website was last updated?

  2. Re: Website Last updated

    tonyrulesyall@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I am using Firefox on a computer with Windows XP.
    >
    > Is there a way to tell the time and date a website was last updated?

    Not really, because nowadays everyone use php or other server side
    scripting and the website and created dynamically when user loads them.

    However, some rare websites one some webservers with some settings will
    provide you this info. You can access it by clicking right mouse button
    on a website and selecting from the popup-menu "view page info". On
    "General" tab there is the "Modified" info which tells you the last
    modification date and time. From my bookmarks, only web page that was
    able to provide this info was my own personal homepage. All the other
    websites are generated dynamically, or the server didn't support this
    feature.

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29