sort favs - Mozilla

This is a discussion on sort favs - Mozilla ; I use FF 2.0 Windows XP serv p2 IN IE6.0, I simply right click in a fav. folder and all the links are sorted alphabetically. How do I do that in FireFox? TKS ALL BILL...

  1. sort favs

    I use FF 2.0 Windows XP serv p2

    IN IE6.0, I simply right click in a fav. folder and all the links are sorted
    alphabetically.

    How do I do that in FireFox?

    TKS ALL

    BILL

  2. Re: sort favs

    Billy wrote:
    > I use FF 2.0 Windows XP serv p2
    >
    > IN IE6.0, I simply right click in a fav. folder and all the links are sorted
    > alphabetically.
    >
    > How do I do that in FireFox?
    >
    > TKS ALL
    >

    > BILL

    Several Methods available
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sorting_bo...alphabetically

  3. Re: sort favs

    "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    news:XaKdnWM8H87PXFzbnZ2dnUVZ_vyinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Billy wrote:
    >> I use FF 2.0 Windows XP serv p2
    >>
    >> IN IE6.0, I simply right click in a fav. folder and all the links are
    >> sorted alphabetically.
    >>
    >> How do I do that in FireFox?
    >>
    >> TKS ALL
    >>

    >> BILL
    >>

    > Several Methods available
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sorting_bo...alphabetically

    Nope doesn't work on this end, I clicked the "sort by name" and nothing
    happens.

  4. Re: sort favs

    Billy wrote:
    > "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    > news:XaKdnWM8H87PXFzbnZ2dnUVZ_vyinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Billy wrote:
    >>> I use FF 2.0 Windows XP serv p2
    >>>
    >>> IN IE6.0, I simply right click in a fav. folder and all the links are
    >>> sorted alphabetically.
    >>>
    >>> How do I do that in FireFox?
    >>>
    >>> TKS ALL
    >>>

    >>> BILL
    >>>

    >> Several Methods available
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sorting_bo...alphabetically

    > Nope doesn't work on this end, I clicked the "sort by name" and nothing
    > happens.

    Which method were you using? Method 1 or 2?

  5. Re: sort favs

    "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    news:TJKdndo5PfQEOF7bnZ2dnUVZ_vjinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Billy wrote:
    >> "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    >> news:XaKdnWM8H87PXFzbnZ2dnUVZ_vyinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> Several Methods available
    >>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sorting_bo...alphabetically

    >> Nope doesn't work on this end, I clicked the "sort by name" and nothing
    >> happens.
    >>

    > Which method were you using? Method 1 or 2?

    I did them both, the "organize Bookmarks" method changed the bookmarks
    alphabetically in the organize folder but didn't carry over to actual
    favorites from toolbar while in FireFox, any thoughts?

    tks

    bill

  6. Re: sort favs

    Billy wrote:
    > "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    > news:TJKdndo5PfQEOF7bnZ2dnUVZ_vjinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Billy wrote:
    >>> "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    >>> news:XaKdnWM8H87PXFzbnZ2dnUVZ_vyinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> Nope doesn't work on this end, I clicked the "sort by name" and nothing
    >>> happens.
    >>>

    >> Which method were you using? Method 1 or 2?

    > I did them both, the "organize Bookmarks" method changed the bookmarks
    > alphabetically in the organize folder but didn't carry over to actual
    > favorites from toolbar while in FireFox, any thoughts?
    >
    > tks
    >
    > bill

    Well, you might just convert to Firefox terminology. We call them
    'bookmarks', which might help you find the file should you ever need to.
    As for sorting them, I can't see that as a useful tool, given that,
    unless you change the name of each one when you enter it, the names
    don't lend themselves to being easier to find if in alphabetical order.
    It would be much better to just drag and drop them into some logical
    hierarchal order by function, or use, such as 'business/credit cards/MC/
    followed by all your master card URLs, then your Visa cards.
    Or perhaps /Mozilla Stuff/with FF and TB, and SM under that, and any
    other URL you find that relates to Mozilla, such as Mozillazine.

    This kind of organization is vastly more usable, and easier to maintain
    than sorting by alphabetical order.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread