ripping music from the web (?) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on ripping music from the web (?) - Mozilla ; I looked around for posts on this topic, without success. My computer knowledge is moderately expert, but I am stumped. I learned years ago how to right-click and save pix, but is there any such thing for music? http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ is ...

  1. ripping music from the web (?)

    I looked around for posts on this topic, without success. My computer
    knowledge is moderately expert, but I am stumped. I learned years ago
    how to right-click and save pix, but is there any such thing for music?

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ is the page in mind; it appears to be a flash
    video of some sort, and I want to snatch the music off it. I know I
    could ask the BBC, but you know how bureaucratic they are - I could be
    dead and buried before I got a reply!

    Any info would be gratefully appreciated.
    --

    Regards,

    P D Sterling
    Dallas TX

  2. Re: ripping music from the web (?)

    "P D Sterling" wrote in message
    news:COCdnWCVFbrJ4CXbnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >I looked around for posts on this topic, without success. My computer
    >knowledge is moderately expert, but I am stumped. I learned years ago how
    >to right-click and save pix, but is there any such thing for music?
    >
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ is the page in mind; it appears to be a flash
    > video of some sort, and I want to snatch the music off it. I know I could
    > ask the BBC, but you know how bureaucratic they are - I could be dead and
    > buried before I got a reply!
    >
    > Any info would be gratefully appreciated.
    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > P D Sterling
    > Dallas TX

    You need the UnPlug add-on. If you were to get the music legally (and all of
    it) it's the theme tune from the 1960s "Miss Marple" films, composed by Ron
    Goodwin. I guess MGM would hold the rights so the BBC couldn't help you
    anyway.

  3. Re: ripping music from the web (?)

    "P D Sterling" wrote in message
    news:COCdnWCVFbrJ4CXbnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > I looked around for posts on this topic, without success. My computer
    > knowledge is moderately expert, but I am stumped. I learned years ago
    > how to right-click and save pix, but is there any such thing for music?
    >
    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ is the page in mind; it appears to be a flash
    > video of some sort, and I want to snatch the music off it. I know I
    > could ask the BBC, but you know how bureaucratic they are - I could be
    > dead and buried before I got a reply!
    >
    > Any info would be gratefully appreciated.
    > --

    Many of these types of files cannot be downloaded, only streamed. There are
    various ways to grab the files, but often they are copy protected anyway,
    andthe simplest way to get the audio is usually to just record it as it's
    playing. I like TotalRecorder.

+ Reply to Thread