Re: [CSS] :before Problem/Misunderstanding - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: [CSS] :before Problem/Misunderstanding - Mozilla ; Tony Mechelynck wrote: -------------------------snip------------------------- > > I'm not sure about ; (an entity) but you may enter a "raw" byte > with value 0xA0 which is the no-break space. Isn't this code for non-breaking space > > Best regards, > ...

  1. Re: [CSS] :before Problem/Misunderstanding

    Tony Mechelynck wrote:

    -------------------------snip-------------------------

    > I'm not sure about ; (an entity) but you may enter a "raw" byte
    > with value 0xA0 which is the no-break space.

    Isn't this code for non-breaking space

    > Best regards,
    > Tony.

    Using DeamWeaver's whatYoSeeIsWhatYoGet editor If you type a line and
    then want to have it break over two lines but have no spacing in between
    and what ever you do to oner part of the line (bold, italic, change Font
    size) is reflected in both parts of the Line. you do a Shift-Enter
    (Shift Return).

    On the Other hand if you just do a "Return (Enter) there actually is a
    space between the lines and whatever formatting is done to one is not
    reflected in the other.

    If you then go to Code view or Code Editor the space for one or the
    other shows up as "&nbsp".

  2. Re: [CSS] :before Problem/Misunderstanding

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    >
    > -------------------------snip-------------------------
    >

    >> I'm not sure about ; (an entity) but you may enter a "raw" byte with
    >> value 0xA0 which is the no-break space.

    > Isn't this code for non-breaking space

    Yes, it is. In the quote above, you omitted & n b s p ; (without the spaces)
    which is the same as 0xA0 or "\A0".

    >> Best regards,
    >> Tony.

    > Using DeamWeaver's whatYoSeeIsWhatYoGet editor If you type a line and
    > then want to have it break over two lines but have no spacing in between
    > and what ever you do to oner part of the line (bold, italic, change Font
    > size) is reflected in both parts of the Line. you do a Shift-Enter
    > (Shift Return).
    >
    > On the Other hand if you just do a "Return (Enter) there actually is a
    > space between the lines and whatever formatting is done to one is not
    > reflected in the other.
    >
    > If you then go to Code view or Code Editor the space for one or the
    > other shows up as "&nbsp".

    Apparently DreamWeaver is not producing plaintext, whatever it is that it
    "claims" to do. We're not talking DreamWeaver here but CSS. As Bob found out,
    "\A0" is valid (in CSS3 generated content) to produce a no-break space, er,
    sorry, to produce the codepoint "U+00A0 NO-BREAK SPACE". No line breaks
    involved: this is in the middle of a (generated) line.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    [Another hideous roar.]